Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Character flaw...

Our Daily Bread
The story of Job is one of my favorite Bible stories.  A man with much to lose lost it all because Satan challenged God on Job's faithfulness.  Job passed the ultimate test by continuing his faith in God even though he lost everything except for his life!  Could we do that?

Job retained his faithful character in the face of adversity.  Our character is challenged every day in so many ways.  The way we treat someone who cuts us off in traffic.  The way we return (or don't return) the wrong amount of change when the cashier makes a mistake.  Choosing to tell the truth even when it makes us look bad.

I had a friend ask me "so what did you do in Vegas that you will leave in Vegas?"  hehehe  I am thankful to say that I followed my plan.  I gambled a little bit.  I remained chaste even though I had chances to have casual sex.  I was nice most of the time, though I got a little testy with a TSA person at the airport on the way home.  I was exhausted by then, though that was no excuse.

Lord, I want to remain faithful in every way, every day.  I will ask for forgiveness when I fail and I will forgive myself.  

Teaching Tuesday
I give up...
I learned an important lesson this week.  Thank God!  Here is the story.  I awoke about 3:30 am Monday morning after having a vivid dream.  I was walking and running the wrong way on a moving sidewalk (remember I was at airports a lot last week!).  A special person was at the end of the sidewalk, but I could not reach him no matter how fast I walked or ran.  Exhausted, I finally had to give up.  That is when I woke up!

God has been trying to get me to let go of some things.  I finally realized it several weeks ago, but my actions haven't been matching up with the things God laid on my heart and mind.  My actions need to match up now.  They have to.  I am exhausted by pursuing this relationship.  God asked me to turn it over to him.  I have been trying, but not really turning it over.  I talked with this special person last night to let him know about the dream.  I wanted him to know what I was feeling.  Things will change.  I feel a great peace about this.  Can my actions finally match up with what God laid on my heart and mind?

I also let him know two things:  I hope he finds what he is looking for and you sometimes don't realize what you have until you lose it.  It is hard to identify what you are looking for if you really don't know!  I pray that he figures that out.  Secondly, life can be like pieces on a Monopoly board sometimes.  You think you understand the role a property or thing or person plays in your life, but you don't realize it completely until you lose it.  I hope he figures out what he lost by me moving on.

I left the door open if he wants to ask me out sometime.  He must be sure he wants to pursue a relationship with me before I will consider a date.

God knows the desires of my heart much better than what I do.  I have learned that I must have a life partner that can share my spiritual life.  An acquaintance recently said "God doesn't bring two people together to make them whole, rather to make them holy".  I know God will lead me to a man who I can pray with and share things with like I do this special friend.  Praise God!

Other Stuff
I had a good session with my counselor last night.  We talked about matching my actions with the things God laid on my mind and heart.  I am so thankful for being able to talk to him about these things!

I did a couple of things when I got home and then went to bed.

I had a good walk at lunch yesterday.  That felt good.  I hope to walk with my walking buddy at lunch today. I missed her last week!

I am not sure what I will do tonight.  We have a social after work.  I may need to help a friend move.  I need to do some painting at home.

I figured out that the next few weekends will be very busy.  I didn't plan it that way initially, but it should be fun.  ;-)

I still need to post some Vegas pics.  I will do that, I promise.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment