Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Renew my subscription, please...

Our Daily Bread
A friend of mine has a cute tshirt that says: "Cancel my subscription.  I am tired of your issues..."  Ha!  I am sure God gets tired of my issues, but he keeps renewing my subscription every day!  Praise God!

The devotional talks about using some purposeful statements to remind ourselves to be open to the Holy Spirit so it can renew our minds and hearts.  The passage in Romans 12 that talks about giving ourselves as a living sacrifice to God.   Renewing our mind to closer match the mind of Christ.  Wow!  Please read more about this in the Witness Wednesday section below...

Lord, thank you for renewing my mind and heart -- when I finally let go and let you work in my life!

Witness Wednesday
If you have read my blog at all, you know that music speaks to me in many ways and at opportune times.  On the way to work this morning, the Holy Spirit used two songs to speak to me to help me renew my mind.  The Holy Spirit was reminding me about the role of God in my life -- first in my life and my deliverer.  Wow!  God is making me whole, as I turn things over to him.  I am so thankful for the way he is working in my life and the lives of others who seek him.

I am sharing a song as my devotional tonight in the D1 class.  I hope the lyrics speak to others like it spoke to me.  I pray that God will work through me instead of me seeking the glory for myself.

Other Stuff
I had a busy evening last night.  I ran an errand after work.  Thank you, my hero, for the salt potatoes!  I love those!  I got a quick bite of supper, then drove to church where I worked on my D1 lessons before my meeting at church.  The meeting wasn't well attended, but we got some stuff done.

I went home to do some laundry and put things away from the weekend trip.  I also laid out the 8X10 pics against the frames I bought at Ikea on Friday.  They will look very nice!  Cool!  I need to do a little trim work on the walls in the basement before hanging the pictures.  I removed a little paint around the edges when I removed the painters tape.  Yikes!  I was so careful!  I have some other large prints to hang down there as well.  I need to pick up some track lights for the display.  I will post a picture when I get done with it.

I also placed a bid on a projector for the basement.  It is not exactly what I want, but it will be a good deal if I win the bid.  We will see.  I also placed a bid on a tablet/laptop PC that could be interesting.

I need to hit the gym after work tonight, get some supper, and then go to church for D1 class.

I can slow down some this weekend.  Whew!  I like being busy.  It sort of keeps me out of trouble.  Sort of...  hehehe

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment