Thursday, September 29, 2011

We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord...

Our Daily Bread
It is so easy to limit yourself and your church to include only people like you in the mix.  We like to be around folks that have something in common with us!  It makes us feel included and supported.  We can sometimes let this tendency to exclude folks that want or need to be in our lives or churches.  Not good!

The early church had issues with the Christians of Jewish descent thinking they were better than the Gentiles that were Christians.  Not so!  Paul made it clear that Christ wiped away any differences between the Jews and the Gentiles to make one church.  One unified church!  Wow!

As we look at all the different types of churches today and the many folks who are atheists or agnostics, it is no wonder so many folks don't want anything to do with the church (and maybe God).  We should all pray for unity so we can reach everyone for God.

Lord, we really are one in your Spirit and one in you.  Help us to live that way.

Technology Thursday
Amazon.com announced their new devices yesterday.  Wow!  Could the Kindle Fire be a true competitor to the iPad?  We will see.  Here is a link to the Kindle Fire web page.  It is a touch screen device with a 7" color screen, 8 gig of storage, free Amazon.com content cloud storage (not sure how that works), a fast web browser and a dual core processor.  The price is only $199!  That is $300 less than the 16 gig iPad.  Wow!  The screen is smaller and the storage is smaller than the iPad.  We will see how it performs.  I pre-ordered one today.  They are supposed to be available on November 15.

Amazon.com also introduced two new Kindles -- the Touch Wifi and the Touch Wifi+3G.  They are $99 and $149 respectively.  The old "button interface" Kindle dropped to $79.  Wow!  The new Touch Kindles have no buttons.  They have 4gig of memory compared to the 2gig for the old Kindle style.  Some very cool stuff.

I agree with their CEO -- they will sell MILLIONS of these things!

Other Stuff
I had a busy night last night.  I was soooo tired after work.  I took a quick nap before supper, and then realized that I forgot my D1 book and iPad at home!  ;-(  Oh well.  I ate supper at Oodles.  I drove home to put a load of laundry in the washer and pick up my D1 stuff.  I am trying to get laundry done during the week so I don't have to spend all weekend on it!  hehehe  I have the last load in the dryer this morning.  I need to fold and put it all away next.

My devotion went well at D1 class.  I sang the song I posted here a few weeks ago called Blessings by Laura Story.  The class seemed to receive it well.  Randy did a good job teaching even though the pace was brisk.

It is the little things in life that make it worthwhile -- I am halfway to my free meal at Oodles after having the Moo goo gai pan last night...  hehehe

Since I have been so busy the past few weeks, I hadn't noticed that my neighbors sold their house and moved out.  I think I saw the new neighbors last night, but I am not sure.  I will check that out this weekend.

Not sure what today will bring.  What does it matter where the road goes as long as God is leading...

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment