Friday, September 23, 2011

Ever been wronged?

Our Daily Bread
Having been wronged a few times in my life, I know how unfair things can be.  I have this family value that used to cause me to try to right every unfair thing!  It seems like a noble cause, but it is like Don Quixote flailing at the wind mill!  For those of you who have no idea what the reference is about, click here.

The devotional today talks about how God will right every wrong when he brings his kingdom to earth or when he takes us to heaven.  Wow!  That is a lot of wrongs!  How can God do that?  It is not my job to figure it out.  It is my job to have faith and believe in the Almighty God, the One who turned the chaos into our world today with the Word.  Wow!

Lord, I want to focus on bringing your heaven to earth and not the needless details if the "how do things work" questions!

Foodie Friday
Not much on the foodie front this week.  I started eating at my favorite supper place near church - Oodles.  It is an Asian place with lots of tasty goodness!  I had the General Tso's chicken with brown rice last Wednesday, the chicken with broccoli with brown rice last Thursday, the fried rice with chicken and brown rice Wednesday night and the Pad Thai last night.  MmmmMmmmmm!  If you didn't notice, they have brown rice.  It really works much better for me.  I learned last night that I have to take more insulin when I eat the Pad Thai.  The rice noodles jack up my blood sugar.  YIkes!

Not sure if I will eat any place special this weekend.  It is not really a foodie weekend, but I will have a good meal or two.  I want to hit Dave and Andy's ice cream place if I get time.  ;-)

Other Stuff
I was sooooo tired after work last night that I parked in Goodale Park and took a nap!  Whew!  I fell dead asleep for over an hour.  I felt better so I went to Oodles for supper.  I went to church after that to do some reading before choir practice.  Choir practice was fun.  I am enjoying it more since I am not trying to fit in with the clique in the back row.  ;-p  I came home and packed for my trip.  I am leaving work at 11:30 to drive to Pittsburgh.  I paid more for this hotel room so I could have a Jacuzzi tub.  I will definitely use it tonight!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment