Thursday, September 15, 2011

The yoke is on me....

Our Daily Bread
Yes, I remember a silly joke from my childhood when I accidentally dropped an egg that splattered all over me.  The joke was "I guess the yoke is on me!"  hehehe

There is a different kind of yoke that Jesus wants to remove from our shoulders -- the yoke of worry, cares and pain.  Many of these things we cause to happen.  Many times things just happen to us.  Regardless of the source, Jesus is there to take our yoke upon his broad shoulders if we can just turn it over to him.

I have a tendency to hold these things tightly to my broad shoulders only to buckle under the weight and strain.  As I mentioned earlier this week, I had to "give up" on a relationship I have wanted for a few years now.  Every time I try to give it over to the Lord, I fail miserably.  I quickly pull it back on myself and then stumble under its weight and strain again and again.  Will I give it over to God this time?  He keeps sending me messages of peace and encouragement through situations in my life and songs.  I love songs, like the one I posted yesterday.  ;-)  Whatever way that it takes for God to get through to you, be thankful that he can and will if you let him.

Lord, I thank you for never letting me walk alone.  I can rest on your Word and rely on your promises.

Technology Thursday
Not much going on in the technology world.  Heavy sigh.  Here are a few things I gleaned from my readings.

New Samsung phone
The Samsung Galaxy S II phone, which will go by different names at the different carriers, will be released on Sprint on September 16.  It will be release to other carriers in a few weeks.  Very, very nice phone.  Take a look at it here.

iPad sale
Hmmmm, I received two emails regarding $50 off the second generation iPad models.  This usually happens right before the new models come out.  Hmmmmm....

Apple announcement - none!
STILL haven't heard anything from Apple on the next iPhone release.  What's up with that?

Thunderbolt
Apple introduced a new standard for interfacing with a computer called Thunderbolt.  It is faster than USB 2.0 AND USB 3.0!  There were some news articles about how this technology may find its way into PCs (and not just Macs).  Could this be the new standard for a port on a computer?  We will see.

Other Stuff
I went to the gym last night after work.  I had a heck of a time keeping my blood sugar up right before and during my workout!  That is unusual.  I can usually eat something before the workout and be OK.  I had to eat a lot!  OH well.  I got my workout in, but felt like I had to eat soon after.  To make matters worse, I had some gastric discomfort that was very uncomfortable.  I was embarrassed to use the wormens restroom at the restaurant because the mens room was out of order!  Whew!  My blood sugar remained up for the evening and was fine this morning when I awoke.

I had an awkward situation happen at the restaurant.  I was probably just overreacting.  I can do that at times when it comes to some people  I ate my supper.  Ran a quick errand to Giant Eagle.  Got to church early so I could pray about the situation.

Disciple 1 started last night.  This will be a good group.  I need to recognize my role as a class member and not try to lead (like I tried to do a little last night).  I can do this.  There are so many people in the class that need to talk openly.  I need to be quiet.  I can do this.  Yes, I can do this.

I worked on my song again last night.  I will probably sing it when I do my devotion in D1 in two weeks.  I will keep working on it.  There are a few spots I need to work out.  I usually learn best reading music.  I am working on learning better when just listening and remembering.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do....

No comments:

Post a Comment