Friday, September 30, 2011

Can't imagine...

Our Daily Bread
I think I am starting to sound like my grandmother -- "I just can imagine that..." she would say when talking about the technology breakthroughs that happened since she was born.  Imagine what the breakthroughs would be over the course of 1,000 years of living compared to 84 years!  I just can't imagine!  hehehe

The point of the devotional is that we should be prepared to meet our maker at any time.  Our lives are not guaranteed to last a certain length of time.  Our Lord Jesus could return at any second.  It makes no difference how long we live -- we need to be prepared!

Lord, I want to be ready to meet you whenever the time comes!

Foodie Friday
I finally have some time to cook this weekend!  Woohoooo!  I made a Giant Eagle run last night to use up my 10% fuel perks discount.  I loaded up!  It had been a while since I spent more than $20 on food at the grocery!

For dinner tonight: my buddy and I are going to make salmon and some veggies.  Should be fun.  I might put on my pot roast as well when I get home.  I plan to eat leftover roast a few times!

For potluck on Saturday:  I am going to make an Italian salad with Spring mix greens, dressing, cheese, pepperoni and almonds or walnuts.

I also bought some fast fixing food like pizza, breakfast stuff, and some grilling stuff like steaks.  Should be fun.

Other Stuff
My first batch of plants arrived last night.  I will get those in the ground on Saturday.  I need to mow the lawn as well.  I have my laundry washed and dried.  I need to fold it and put is away.  I would like to go to a movie, but I am not sure I will have time.  I haven't been to the movies in three weeks. What is up with that?  hehehe  Maybe next week.

I got most of my D1 reading done last night before choir practice.  I will review each day.  Choir practice was fun.  I love the song we are doing this week with brass, hand bells and organ.  Very cool!

Life is good.  God is great.  I pray that I keep growing in Him and trusting him more.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment