Monday, September 19, 2011

What time is it?

Our Daily Bread
It's Howdy Doody time!  Nah, I am not really that old!  I remember hearing about the childrens' TV show with a rosy faced cowboy puppet named Howdy Doody.  At the beginning of each show they asked:  What time is it?  The children would shout, whether in the audience or at home: "It's Howdy Doody time!"  hehehe

Seriously, what time is it for you right now?  The devotional and the passage in Ecclesiastes talk about the different times in our lives -- good, bad, weeping, dancing, etc...  As I mentioned in my previous posts, I have a similar personality to David of the Old Testament.  Oh, to be such a man of God!  I have my ups and downs, celebrating when things go amazingly well and renting my clothes while crying out to God in other times.  Being a child of God does not always mean blue skies.  It means that we have someone to help us through the times when the skies are not blue!  Ran can be depressing or rain can be a life saving gift depending on your point of view!

Lord, help us to praise you in all things.  There is always a time for praise!

Movie Monday
I didn't make it to the movies last week.  Too many things going on.  I want to write about a funny observation from the Renaissance Festival on Saturday.  It was Pirates Day.  There were a lot of pirates costumes, which was very cool.  The funniest thing I noticed is that the little kids kept calling each pirate "Captain Jack Sparrow" from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.  It appears that the character is the symbol of what a pirate is for a generation!  I thought that was hilarious!

I wonder if Jack Sparrow will do for pirates what the It book by Stephen King did for clowns...  Hmmmm...

Other Stuff
I had a busy day.  I didn't make up for early church, but made it to church for choir practice.  I also remembered to drop off the CDs to a buddy of mine.  The choir sounded great yesterday morning.  So did the soloist.  We also had a great sermon as well.

I left church to have lunch.  I planned to have Dairy Queen, but then realized I was driving near the Mr Hero restaurant on my way to Groveport.  I helped some friends show a house for sale.  I was glad to help.

I drove back downtown afterwards for mens' chorus rehearsal.  We had a great rehearsal.  I enjoyed being back with the group.

I have to admit that I have been in a valley the past week.  God has been speaking to me.  I have been trying to listen and obey.  I really have no clue at this point.  I am so tired of repeating some of my mistakes over and over.  I am so confused about some things in my life.  I am trying to hand them over to the Lord.  I am trying so hard....  I have been confused about having faith for something to happen and being too stubborn to let something go.  My faith and my stubbornness are equally as strong!  hehehe  Oh, for faith to take over and for my stubbornness to subside.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment