Saturday, September 17, 2011

Grumble, grumble

Our Daily Bread
Yes, like most human beings I know, I like to grumble at times.  Not all the time.  Just when I don't get what I want or think I need!  hehehe

When it comes to our relationship with God, grumbling shows our lack of faith in what God has promised us.  The song I posted last week called Blessings talks about that.  I have been listening to it every day this week while I try to work through a grumbling phase!  hehehe  God promised us to meet the desires of our heart if we just trust him.  It sounds so simple.  We all know it is not always so simple.

Lord, I want to have faith and a spirit of thankfulness.  No more grumbling!

Simply Saturday
I had a very busy day on Friday.  I went to work where I found an email from the group that wanted to pick up my couch during the day instead of Friday night!  We worked it out so I could work from home Friday afternoon to work into their schedule.  My boss is the person who recommended me to this group, so he was supportive!  The handsome young man arrived.  We lugged the couch out to the truck.  It is a big couch and was hard to move.  I reclaimed that space in my family room now.  I will probably move the other furniture around when I get the chance.  I also mowed the lawn, finished painting the basement and finished laundry!  Whew!

I am dropping off my bike to a friend on my way down to the Renaissance Festival.  I plan to hang out at the RenFest for a while, and then drive down into Cincy for the 50th birthday party of a close buddy.  He is one of the few folks that I still keep in touch with from Cincy (I lived there for 3.5 years before I moved to Columbus).  I am looking forward to the day.

Sunday will be busy as well.  Church, then help out a friend showing a house, then mens chorus rehearsal.  Busy day.  I like busy!

I will post the first lesson from D1 on Tuesday.

I doubt I will get to see a movie this week.  I will review an old one.  ;-)

God is so good.  My prayer is that you find his goodness in your life.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment