Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is in your hand?

Our Daily Bread
The devotional today is pretty cool.  It has two stories of God using simple men with limited means to do extraordinary things.  How much more could we do today if we just trust God?

What would happen if we could use the pen in our hand to write for God?  What would happen if we the computer resources that most of us have were used to praise him or testify for him?  What would happen if we trusted God with all of our being to do great things through us?

Personally, I have great faith when it comes to other folks.  I feel like my faith could move mountains for others.  My faith wains when I try to believe God's promises for myself.  I doubt.  God reassures.  I try to take matters into my own hands.  God reminds me I am powerless without him.  I think I know what is best for me.  God reminds me that my decisions haven't always been the best!  Yikes!

Lord, I want to turn over all of me for your use.  Please help me trust you in everything.

Teaching Tuesday
The D1 lesson this week was on the creation story.  It was very cool as it covered the two creation stories in Genesis.  I never realized that the first creation story was poetry and should be read that way.  The second story is a history lesson and should be read that way.  Very cool.  That explains the differences between the two accounts.  Take a look at the first chapter of Genesis, then the second book of Genesis.  You will see what I mean.

Other Stuff
I had a busy day on Monday.  Work was busy.  I had a session with my counselor after work.  We had mens chorus rehearsal on Monday (since the conductor was out of town on Sunday).  It was a long day, but I had a good time.

I have a meeting at church tonight, then I need to get some stuff ready for the D1 class tomorrow night.  I am giving the devotional.  God lead me to a song.  I will practice it some more tonight.  I would rather have the words memorized that read them off of a sheet.  I will see how that goes.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment