Saturday, September 3, 2011

Give me your eyes....

Our Daily Bread
The devotion today talks about seeing the pain and suffering in others -- then doing something about it!  I am very proud to be part of a church that takes on so many projects for the needy and those suffering.  I believe that is what God wants us to do.  Still, sometimes, I believe that we should do more than just write a check!

There is a song that I had listened to many times, but didn't really hear the words.  They finally clicked in me one day.  The second verse described how the singer actually looked at the face above a "homeless, need help" sign to see the human being holding it.  It was an epiphany for him!  We sometimes dehumanize folks so we can deal with the tragedies of their lives.  Wow!

Lord, please give me your eyes to see the needs and your love to do what I can to serve.

Simply Saturday
It has been an interesting week.  Work has not been busy.  It appears that I am playing the "utility player" role on my team the next few months.  I am thankful that I have the skills and experience to work on most of the stuff that our teams does!  It should be fun and not boring since I will be working on several things.

I am not sure what will happen with the church retreat I have been working on.  We may not have enough participants to have the retreat.  We will find out tomorrow if we are a "go".

I am finishing preparations for my vacation.  Clothes are packed.  I am doing some last minute stuff around the house and packing my carry on bag.  That usually takes as long as my clothes due to medicine, device chargers, etc.

I had a good session with my counselor last night.  I had a good talk with a close friend afterwards.

During my talk with my close friend, God brought to my mind just how weak I am on my own.  I didn't act like the real Duane when I was at his house.  I didn't act the way that God wanted me to act.  I called my friend on the way home to apologize.  God has some things that I needed to do and say.  I dropped the ball.  God has forgiven me.  My friend forgave me.  I need to forgive myself so I can do better the next time.  This person means too much to me to keep screwing up.  "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, wait upon the Lord"  Yeah, that's the ticket...

I am trying an iPhone app for posting to Blogger.  We will see how it works.  I want to travel light to Vegas.  I may not even take my iPad.  ;-p

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...


No comments:

Post a Comment