Monday, September 12, 2011

Thy will be done on earth...

Our Daily Bread
I have a tendency to focus on one line in the Lord's prayer whenever I recite it because I think we put the emphasis on the wrong words "thy will be done on EARTH as it is in heaven".  We usually say it "they will be done... on earth as it is in heaven".  I think it means more that we emphasize that we want God's will be done in this world as well as in heaven!

While there is much debate on what and where heaven is, I don't care.  I believe, and apparently Paul does as well in the scripture passage from I Corinthians, that children of God will be with him in heaven after we die.  Who will make it to heaven?  The best answer I heard is "I am sure God's decision on that topic will be the right one!".  Who can dispute the almighty God?

Lord, thank you for the promise of heaven.  Help me make your will be done on earthy while I wait for heaven!

Movie Monday
I went to see the movie Warrior yesterday.  I liked it a lot.  It was sort of a modern day Rocky type of story. The story is set on the east coast where a promoter organizes a winner take all MMA fight of the 16 baddest men on the planet.  It appears that two brothers are two of the participants.  One is an overwhelming favorite after crushing his first few opponents.  The other one is the perennial underdog as he scraps past his opponents.  There is a lot of family drama throughout with Nick Nolte playing the father of the brothers.  It is very exciting.  It is not for the squeamish or those who don't like violence (it is MMA for goodness sake!).

I give this movie two bear paws.  You can rent this one unless you have to see it soon!

Other Stuff
I had a good day on Sunday.  I attended both church services.  I got to sing in the chancel choir.  I delivered some Ethel M chocolates from Vegas to a close friend.  I took a nap.  I made my carrot salad for the church dinner group.  I had a great time with my church dinner group, as usual.  I thought last month was my last time with them, but I found out a few weeks ago that the mens chorus doesn't actually start rehearsals until next Sunday.  ;-p

I had an epiphany very early this morning.  I am praying about whether or not I should talk to my close friend about it.  I will figure that out today.

Back to work and my routine.  Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment