Friday, September 2, 2011

Custom made....

Our Daily Bread
When I got to know my best friend in college, we started opening up about all kinds of things.  One day he told me that he was disappointed that he only had one custom made suit to his name.  He was so embarrassed by that!  I was taken aback.  I didn't realize you could have a suit custom made!  All I knew where the "suits" available off the rack at Sears and JCPenneys!  ;-p

I (we) get so caught up in things like this at times.  It is all a matter of perspective.  A close friend expressed that she was envious of the restaurants I will eat at next week on my Vegas vacation.  I thought for a minute and texted back "I will be eating alone.  You will spending a wonderful week on a family vacation with folks who love you more than anything in the world.  I think I am the one who is envious of you!"

Regardless of our circumstances, we need to always remember that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made". It does not matter what we see or what we think we see when we look in the mirror.  God's works are wonderful indeed.  That includes you and me!

Lord, thank you for custom making me while I was still in my mother's womb.  I am fearfully and wonderfully made indeed.

Foodie Friday
No recipe this week.  I want to let you know the three foodie restaurants I will be eating at next week (at least what I have planned so far).  Restaurant Week in Vegas started on August 29.  There are some special lunch menus for $30.11 and supper menus for $50.11.  Woohoooo!

Tao
This is an Asian fusion restaurant.  I ate at the one in NYC a few times and loved it.  I am sure I will enjoy the Vegas version as well.  I will eat there before the Phantom show on Tuesday.

RM Seafood
Rick Moonen's restaurant has lots of great dishes.  It is located in the Mandalay Bay complex, near the Luxor where I am staying.  I will be eating lunch there on Monday.

Mesa Grill
I missed eating at the MG in Chicago a few months ago.  I didn't want to miss it again!  Bobby Flay's place is well-known in foodie circles.  I plan to eat there Wednesday night before checking out the old part of Las Vegas and the spectacular light show.

Other Stuff
I went to the gym after work last night, then ran some errands.  I managed to fit a few phone and text conversations in there somewhere.  I was tired, so I went to bed early.  I feel pretty good today.  The media PC is coming along nicely.  I installed the bluetooth usb dongle and the wireless-N usb antenna.  They both work great.  I want to pair the bluetooth keyboard and mouse to the media pc next, then put the side panes back on.  It will soon be ready for prime time!  It's a good thing since football season started this week!

Don't forget: Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord...  ;-)

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment