Thursday, September 1, 2011

Come home, come ho-o-o-me!

Our Daily Bread
We are human.  We stray at times, whether it be physically straying like staying home from church or mentally straying like not being able to focus on what God is saying to us during Bible study or worship service.  The words in the title are the beginning of the chorus to a hymn I sang a lot in my younger days:
Come home, Come home
Ye who are weary come home.
Earnestly, tenderly Jesus is calling.
Calling, O Sinner, come home.

We all stray.  We should try to minimize our straying so it doesn't become habit.  It is sort of like me and eating too much.  I am changing my eating habits, but sometimes I eat too much.  I can't get in the habit of doing it every day again.  The same thing happens with our spiritual lives.  We need to get back on the holy wagon and keep pushing our spiritual lives forward.  There are few things more frustrating than moving one step forward and then two steps back!  ;-p

Lord I want to keep moving forward.  Thank you for your Spirit to help me do so!

Technology Thursday
Here are a few miscellaneous topics in the technology world.

It looks like the US government is not going to allow the merger of ATT and TMobile.  Interesting.  We will see how that works out in the next few months.

iPhone watch:  When will new iPhones be announced?  Inquiring minds want to know!  My contract is almost up!  hehehe  The latest rumors is that the announcement will be in September with the devices available for preorder in late September and in the stores in October.  I might stand in line for this one.

Tablet computers: Rumors have it that Amazon.com will release a tablet computer that might actually be able to compete with the iPad.  We will see.  The biggest competitor now is the Galaxy Tab by Samsung.  It is OK.  I still find Android to be clunky...

Other Stuff
I ran some errands last night and got some things done around the house.  I picked up a new DVD drive from Microcenter.  The one on my extra desktop (the new Media Center) was not working well.  The new DVD drive was only $19.  Woohooo!  I also finished installing and getting the updates for Windows 7 on that box.  The TV tuner card works great.  I will see how the box looks connected to my big screen TV when I get back from Vegas. I need to test the Wireless N USB device on it and the Bluetooth USB device before moving the box to the living room.

I packed my clothes for the Vegas trip.  I still need to gather my other junk like medicine, adapters, etc.

I got some laundry done.  Watered plants.  Poured some gas in my Escape from one of the five gallon gas cans.  I don't think I mentioned it on here, but I got about 27 gallons of gas for $36 week before last using my discount at Giant Eagle.  Woohoooo!  It is inconvenient to me to pour the gas in the tank from the cans, however, it does save me money!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment