Monday, September 26, 2011

FIRM foundation

Our Daily Bread
I usually just sort of skim over the devotionals that talk about children, especially ones talking about rearing children.  I don't know nothing 'bout birthin' no babies!  Sorry for the Gone with the Wind reference, but I thought it was funny (and appropriate!).

Today's devotional was different.  I learned from the Spirit that the FIRM principle can be used with all ages:
Familiarity
Interest
Recognition
Modeling

We can do this for folks of ALL ages, not just for children!  No, we are not perfect, but we can show others the way to God by following this principle!  The scripture included one of my favorite verses -- Deut 6:5.  So remember, keep it simple and use the FIRM principle!

Lord, I want to live Deut 6:5 each and every day.  Thank you for the way your Spirit talks to me and tries to guide my stubborn heart.

Movie Monday
No time for movies this week.  I am posting some pictures from my trip to Pittsburgh this weekend.  I had a great time.  Some of the pics were taken with my new digital camera.  I like the pictures it takes, but I am not sure it is made as well as my old camera.  ;-p  The pictures are of Fallingwater, PNC ball park, and downtown Pittsburgh.



Other Stuff
I had a nice talk with my friend, William, while driving to and from church yesterday.  His partner is a minister at a Lutheran church.  He did a great job with the service yesterday.  We had a nice time talking at lunch after church.  I am so thankful for William's friendship.  We have known each other about nine years now.

I also texted back and forth with a friend in Pittsburgh I met a few months ago.  Our schedules didn't match up for us to have coffee.  We had a good time exchanging texts.

I took a wrong turn on the way home.  That took me about an hour out of my way home.  ;-(  Oh well.

Another busy week.  Things will slow down a little after this week.  Whew...

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment