Thursday, September 22, 2011

Head in the sand...

Our Daily Bread
Have you ever met someone that seemed to have his or her head in the sand?  They were so oblivious or unaware of self that it seemed almost impossible to talk to them?  Have you ever met someone who is WAY too self aware?  hehehe  Finding balance is important!

The devotional today talks about have a balance -- having a examined life as Socrates described it.  Personally, I probably err on the side of being WAY too self aware!  Well, it is like my self-esteem.  There are some areas where I am very, very strong.  Some areas of my self esteem, no so much!  There are some areas in my life, like relationships right now, where I am way too self aware.  I need to relax.  I need to listen to the Holy Spirit as it guides me on the road to healthy self awareness.  I pray that for you as well!

Lord, thank you for your Holy Spirit that can help us know ourselves, and see ourselves through your eyes.

Technology Thursday
October 4!  Well, maybe, October 4 will be the day that Apple will announce the new iPhone device(s).  There might be more than one!  Rumors are that Apple will announce a high end iPhone 5 and an upgraded low-end phone version of the iPhone 4 (think Walmart).  Apple has a long way to go to catch up and get ahead of the latest Android phones.  We will see how they fare.  I want one already!  hehehe

Apple may also announce the release of the next iPad version for 2012, or they may wait until after the first of the year.  I may have to purchase an iPad3 if it is that much better...  hehehe  I can use my current one for my recipe library in the kitchen.  My Pandora Novel is too small and too hard to read (though it does have a decent web browsing speed).

The phone carriers are all gearing up for the next iPhone release.  It will be interesting to see how the data plans for the new phone works out.  I read a stat yesterday that a Verizon LTE network user could possibly use their monthly data allotment in an HOUR of heavy use over the high speed network.  Yikes!

Other Stuff
I went to the gym last night after work.  Had a quick dinner at Oodles before heading to church.  I unloaded my rummage sale stuff and helped Marge get the other stuff downstairs.  I had a nice talk with Marge.   We both took the D2 class together last year.

The D1 class was good.  It is very different than D2.  I have always learned stuff very easily, so I have often skipped the basics and gone on to advanced stuff.  God wants me in this class to learn more basics about the Bible before moving on to deeper things again.  Very cool.

I had a good talk with my friend last night.  We talked and prayed together.  I will do my best to be a friend, but not get caught up in the romantic dribble of trying to date him.  I will ease into it carefully.  I figured out some behavior changes to put into place immediately.

I am looking forward to my trip to Pittsburgh this weekend.  It will be busy but should be a good time.  I like busy and I like good times.  hehehe

God is so good.  Doing our best to listen and obey helps us live our lives in the best way possible -- bringing his kingdom of heaven to earth.  How cool is that?  It is not always easy.  It is not always painless.  It is definitely worth it!  Like I said earlier this week, I receive at least three blessings for each tear, and there have been a lot of tears!  I praise God for his goodness and love.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment