Saturday, October 1, 2011

Full of grace...

Our Daily Bread
"Full of grace, full of grace" the old parrot said whenever he felt the need.  That was a funny addition to a silly movie I saw many years ago!  He spoke very differently when his owner was not around!

We are like that sometimes.  We think that God is not around, so we (and I mean me) speak(s) very differently than when we are at church!  I joke with my ministers that I don't like wearing my King Avenue t-shirt because I have to be nice to people!  The main point of today's devotional is that we should always answer in a tone that is "full of grace" like we are wearing our King Avenue t-shirt wherever we are!  I will try.  I really suck at this!  ;-(  I am trying to do better, especially at work.

Lord, I want to always reflect your love with my whole being, including my voice and its tone!

Simply Saturday
It has been a busy week.  I feel good though.  I sleep better and don't think about crap as much when I am busy!  hehehe  What is that idle mind saying?  My schedule slows down a little next week.  I need to go back to the gym.  I was too tired to work out much this week.  I walked three days at lunch time. That is a good thing.  I will work out this weekend either at home or at the gym.

Old habits are very easy to fall back into.  Heavy sigh...  I started to fall back into ah old habit yesterday.  I caught myself, texted a friend, and then moved on to a better choice of behavior.  Thank God for strength.  Thank God for friends!

I had a nice evening with a buddy from work last night.  We cooked supper and hung out.  It was nice.

Going to a potluck/reunion tonight for some friends visiting Columbus.  They moved out of town at the beginning of 2011.  They will be back in town for the weekend.  It will be nice to see them.

I got to do some stuff at church this week.  It was exciting to me.  :-)  I have been praying about what God wants me to do next and how he wants me to use my talents.  I may have found a niche here.  I am also enjoying singing again very much.  It is difficult for me to read music at times, but I make the most of it.  I am doing a shuffle between regular glasses and reading glasses as needed.  My eyes are settled enough to get a permanent prescription.  I can make do with this arrangement.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment