Saturday, October 15, 2011

Thanking those who influenced you

Our Daily Bread
Are there folks in your life that influenced you in your life or Christian life?  I have been so fortunate to have several of those folks.  I feel like I thanked them along the way.  I hope they know/knew how much they mean(t) to my life.  There were two previous bosses.  Several preachers.  Several close friends.  Thank God!

Who are the folks in your life?  Parents?  Grandparents?  Teachers?  Bosses?  Think about it.  Thank them the first chance you get!

Lord, thank you for sending along the special folks in my life!

Simply Saturday
I received my iPhone 4S yesterday afternoon.  It took me over four hours to get it activated due to the ATT servers being overwhelmed.  I finally got it activated about 5:45 or so.  Woohooo!  It is a nice phone.  I got the phone synced and all the apps loaded the way I wanted.  I think I have everything working the way I want now.  Very cool!  I had some issues with the calendar, but I got that fixed.  I will review the phone next Thursday on the Technology Thursday entry.  I also dropped off my old iPhone at the Fedex office.  I found a company that made me a nice offer for the device.  Woohoooo!

After work, I worked on my landscaping again.  I took a totally different approach than planned.  I cleared out most of the bed at the back of my property.  It was a mess.  I planted most of the new plants there.  It should look very nice if everything comes up.  I need to finish clearing that bed.  There is also some replanting that needs to be done with a bed on the side of the back yard.  I want to move the ornamental grass from the side of the house to the bed behind my office window.  I will add some more hostas and stuff there as well.  I may even edge it all out again if I get really motivated.   hehehehe

I made a Target run after I finished in the yard.  I picked up some stuff for Mom and some stuff for me.  I resisted the temptation to buy some new pants.  I have plenty.  Just because they were a good deal doesn't mean I have to buy them.  I need to keep losing weight so I can wear the twenty pairs of pants that I can't fit into right now!  I can do this!

I am attending a workshop for church today.  Not sure what to expect.  I will write about it tomorrow.

I need to make a Costco run sometime.  I will get that done in the next few days.  I volunteered to bring baked goods for the play at church.  I am also ushering on Friday night.

Lastly, I want to praise God for his love and forgiveness and strength and hope and everything else he has meant to me this week.  God is so good.  I hope you know this without a doubt.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment