Monday, October 10, 2011

Grateful

Our Daily Bread
The devotional today was appropriate again for me as God had been reminding me of the victories in my life this weekend.  As I wrote last week, I am finally working through some personal issues.  God has been there waiting for me to let him work in my life instead of holding on to the junk from the past.  Junk, I say!  hehehe

I think the devotional could have gone one step further.  Instead of just remembering all the wonderful ways that God worked in our lives, we should also be grateful!  I have a friend that gave me a book about happy people and the things they do and think about.  As Christians, we have the source of all joy in our lives.  Praise God!  We need to thank him and praise him in all situations by remembering all the times he has been there for us.  It is difficult at times.  I know.  Trust me, I KNOW....  hehehe  You can do it!

Lord, I want to be a conduit for your joy and love...and be grateful...

Movie Monday
I got to see two movies last week -- 50/50 and Drive.

Drive
I wasn't too impressed with this movie.  It was odd from the start.  My best friend saw it before I did and had the right summary -- "it was more slasherish than what I thought it was going to be".  Hmmm.  It was an ok movie.  In short, a young guy makes his living by driving cars -- in movies and in crimes.  He had some really odd interactions and a bad situation that got worse.  It was odd...  ;-p

I give it one bear paw.

50/50
This was one of the best movies I have seen for a while.  The story line touched me because I am a cancer survivor.  The acting drew me in and kept me interested.  It was very well done.  In short, a young man finds out he has a very rare and serious form of cancer.  The movie tells his story as he goes through chemo and surgery, including how this all affected his relationships.

I give this movie three bear paws (yes, I say, three!)

Other Stuff
I had a good Sunday afternoon.  I had leftover tacos for lunch.  Took a nap.  Planted the rest of my second shipment of perennials.  Went to mens chorus rehearsal.  I was tired when I got home!

I received an email this morning that my iPhone was shipped from China.  I should receive it on Friday.  Woohoooo!  My cases and screen protectors should also arrive Friday or Saturday.  Very cool.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment