Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I know something you don't know...

Our Daily Bread
There are time sin our lives that we can pretty cocky about our relationship with the Lord.  Yikes!  We make a new friend that is just starting his or her journey.  We get to know a current friend better only to find out that there are major areas in his or her life that the Spirit needs to address.  What do we do?

First, make sure you don't have a log in your own eye while trying to pluck out a splinter from the other person!  We can sometimes focus on other people so much that we don't realize our own shortcomings and faults.  It is so easy to do!

Second, pray for the person, specifically asking the person's heart to be receptive to the Holy Spirit.  Starting this process can be very scary and painful and wonderful and joyous all at once!  I remember!  Be patient with the person if s/he needs to talk and/or pray with you.  Always remember what it was like for you!

Lord, I want to love the way you love.  I want to be open to the Holy Spirit to open my eyes, mind and heart.

Teaching Tuesday
The D1 lesson this week was the remaining chapters of Genesis.  It was a long read, but we didn't focus on all the details like we did when we covered this book in D2.  The overall theme of "God uses imperfect people" was prevalent throughout.  As we try to figure out our place in this world, we should always remember the promises of God, including his ability to mold and make us like he did the Bible characters of old!

Skim over the Book of Genesis.  Read about Abraham and Sarah.  Read about Isaac.  Read about Jacob.  Read about Joseph.  Some amazing stories!

Other Stuff
I went home after work hoping to find my shipment of plants waiting for me, but nooooooo!  It was a good thing because I didn't feel like working on them any way!  I had plenty to do.  I paid some bills.  I downloaded some software to evaluate for church.  I downloaded the CGMC practice tracks.  I created a Yahoo group for a committee at work.  I finished my D1 reading.  I sent out some emails.  Busy evening.  I hit the sack about 9:15 and fell asleep quickly!  Woohoooo!

I praise God for the work of his Spirit in me this week as I continue healing from my last "relationship" (if you want to call it that).  It is amazing what God can do if we just step out of the way.  I need to be disciplined going forward like so many other areas in my life.  Discipline has been the theme of my life the past 18 months.  I suck at it so bad sometimes.  Heavy sigh...

I am having dinner with my walking buddy and her husband tonight.  She is having a computer problem.  I keep telling her that she doesn't have to make me supper to get me to help!  Oh well.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment