Friday, October 14, 2011

Only the beginning...

Our Daily Bread
Ever been hooked into a new activity the first time you tried it?  I remember the first time I touched a computer.  I was hooked!  I remember trying bowling or tennis or other things for the first time.  I was hooked!  That first experience was only the beginning of my adventure of getting better at the sport!

Well, the Christian life is not a sport, but the basic concept is the same.  We are "hooked" during our first experience of conversion.  God wants us to build on that first experience to try to get better the rest of our lives!  It is not a "one and out" kind of experience!  hehehe

The passage in Deuteronomy is one of my favorites, especially verse 11:13.  Wow!  That is the goal and the prize!

Lord, I want to get better, practice the things I know you want me to do...

Foodie Friday
I made a beef roast last weekend.  It was great!  I did it a little differently than my normal recipe.  I placed the roast in the crock pot, added the sliced carrots and potatoes (salt potatoes this time!), and then used a can French onion soup (plus 1/2 can of water) instead of the powdered onion soup mix!  It was great!  Very nice taste.  I didn't add salt or pepper.  You can if you like.  There is a lot of sodium in the French onion soup.  Lastly, I prefer chuck roast to most other kinds of roasts.

Other Stuff
I went to the movies last night after work to unwind a little.  I have had a weird week.  Choir practice was fine.  I finally received my shipment of plants when I arrived home.  The box looked like it had been through a war.  Oh well.  The plants looked ok, I guess.  I will plant them tonight if it is not raining.

My new iPhone arrives today!  Woohooo!  I am a little excited.  I like gadgets...

Going to finish laundry tonight.  Going to spend Saturday night cleaning and reading.  Exciting stuff.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment