Saturday, October 29, 2011

How does your light shine?

Our Daily Bread
I saw a commercial for a wireless carrier that emphasized fast results for their network.  The commercial had a Boy Scout starting a camp fire in less than a second.  Results!  Does your light shine like a pleasant glow that people want to walk towards or does it burn like a bonfire out of control that people want to run from?  We can sometimes be so focused on the results we want to achieve for God that we don't really show God's love in the process!

In my younger days, we used to call it "Bible thumping".  A concerned Christian would push a "sinner" so hard as if to thump their heads with his Bible to get through to the sinner!  Where is the love?  hehehe

IMHO and according to the devotion, we are to live God's love and tell God's message.  No thumping involved!

Lord, I want to be a witness for you in all the right ways.

Simply Saturday
I had a nice evening last night.  I visited a friend that I hadn't seen in several months.  He has been sick all of this year.  He is finally starting to recover a little bit, but has some major life changes to make after his illness.  We live close to each other, so I reiterated how much I want to visit more often!

I came home to work on the house.  I got the laundry washed and dried.  Need to fold it and put it away.  I got some cleaning done.  I need to dust and vacuum and do some cleaning on my master bathroom.  I keep the house pretty neat (except for my office), so the place wasn't a disaster area.  ;-p

I am attending a church workshop today about telling my story.  It is for folks that are willing to tell their life journey to folks that don't want to hear it!  hehehe  Seriously, this is part of the Reconciling Ministries group in the Methodist church.  Should be an interesting day!

I plan to visit my hospital-bound buddy on the way back through downtown.  He might be transferred back to Dayton in the next few days.

I will work on the house again tonight around watching the football game.  Go Bucks!  If we can win this one, it will be a big step towards winning the Big Ten Championship!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in His loving arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment