Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ants really are amazing...

Our Daily Bread
I sometimes look at ants, the hard working little creatures that seem to make a nest in my back yard each year, and wonder why God didn't make humans like ants.  I am so glad he didn't!  I know there are times that some of us feel like worker ants when we work away in our cubicles in the office day in and day out, sometimes overtime, sometimes nights and weekends.  It feels like we are lifting ten times our own weight and carrying it across town!

God gave us a choice.  Choice is good -- if we make the right ones!  We also have the choice to make bad decisions.  What constitutes a good or bad decision?  It is based on what God tells us to do with our lives.  There are some things that are right or wrong for all of us, like the ten commandments are right.  There are some things that are personal depending on where we are in our "walk" with God.  There are some things that God asked me to do and not to do that are major changes of behavior for me.  My friends don't really understand.  I have to explain that this is what's right for me -- regardless of what you do!

Lord, I want to follow the path that you have for me.  Some may walk along beside me.  Many times I will be alone -- except for your Holy Spirit!

Teaching Tuesday
The Disciple 1 lesson this week is on Sin.  What is its origin?  What does it mean?

I like the lesson in that it started with the original sin when Adam and Eve. How the sin continued with the sons Cain and Abel.  How mankind continues to think WAY too much of itself by trying to outdo God with the Tower of Babel.  How God cried when he wiped out his creation except for the faithful man Noah and his family.  It must be heart-wrenching for God to see us do the same stupid things over and over.  I know I do!  Lord, please help me stop!

As I mentioned above, God doesn't want worker ants.  He wants free-thinking humans with a choice -- the choice to be in communion with him!  That is what is best for us.  That is what is best for humanity.  We need to work to bring heaven to earth.

Other Stuff
I was really tired after work last night.  I laid down for a short nap, then got up and fixed supper.  I had the last leftovers from the beef roast I made Friday night.  It was sooooo good!  I used salt potatoes and carrots in the crock pot with a can of french onion soup.  The soup was a different choice than normal.  I usually add onion soup mix.  The french onion soup from a can was a very nice touch.  I will remember that.

I worked out for a little while.  I framed two pictures that my best friend took in San Francisco.  I called my mother.  What a nice evening!  It was nice having some time at home.  I am still not over the crud I had over the weekend.  I will take it easy the next few days.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment