Thursday, October 6, 2011

This little light of mine

Our Daily Bread
..I'm gonna let it shine.  This little light of mine..I'm gonna let it shine!  Yes!  We need to be one of those new halogen high performing headlights on the newer cars!  Lots of light!

I remember singing the song when I was a child and leading a children's choir singing it after college.  The children seemed so excited about letting their light shine!  They also seemed very determined not to let Satan blow it out!  How many of us are that determined?

Light is good in most references in the Bible.  It is scary in others.  Let us all be the good light that shows God's love.

Lord, I want to let my light shine for you.  

Technology Thursday
Talk about a bust!  Not Pamela Anderson!  I am talking about the Apple iPhone announcement on Tuesday, October 4.  I think most of the Apple and iPhone fans were disappointed.  Some were OK with the fact that the iPhone 5 will wait for another year or two.  The iPhone 4S had enough improvements to let it continue to lead in the smartphone category.  Here is a summary of the press conference.

iPhone 4S
Faster processor
Better antenna
Better camera (8MP with some processing upgrades as well)
New iOS
Better web browser (no Flash support)
Some very cool new apps, like Siri
Same basic form factor as the Verizon iPhone 4

Disappointments:
Still no removable storage
No LTE support or WiMax support for Verizon or Sprint
No other real eye-popping hardware specs to speak of.
No swipe and pay.
No keyboard enhancements

Is the upgrade worth it?  Maybe.  I have a 3GS.  The 4S would be a much better phone.  Ideally, I would like to buy the 4S without a contract so I could upgrade to a 5 when they come out within the next two years. Not sure that will work out.  We will see.

Other announcements included the release of iOS5 in the next few weeks.  Apple also announced the new iPods.  The iPod Touch is faster and can store up to 64 gig of stuff.  The price also went down.  The iPod Nano has some new features that make it easier to use.  The price went down.  I would like one of the new Nano's with the watchband.  You can clip the Nano on the watch band and use one of the many watch faces included with the Nano for your watch!  How cool!

Other Stuff
I had a hard time last night.  I let someone bother me again with his lies.  I got over so many odd and horrible things in my life.  I must finally get over this situation.  This one is more difficult in some ways because I see the person every week.  I can do this with God's help and with lots of self-discipline.  I feel like I am like the SNL character sometimes "I deserve a great relationship. Men like me. God loves me.  I am OK".  Seriously?  That is so not me!  hehehe  I have so much self-discipline in so many areas of my life.  I will trust in the Lord.  I will ask for a clean heart and a mind that will think of His ways instead of my own.  Can you tell we read Psalm 51 last night at D1 class?  hehehe  I praise God for being with me even when I disobey.  He gently picks me back up and helps me stop beating myself up.  He knows my needs.  He knows the right time for things to happen.  I can trust in his promises.  Praise God!  Please know that you can trust God for the challenges in your life.  Yes!

I went to the gym after work.  I overdid it a little bit, but feel OK.  I used some previously unused muscles again.  Yikes...  I had a nice supper at Oodles.  I tried the Mongolian beef tonight.  Very tasty!  Only a few more dinners to go before I get my free one!

I have a busy Saturday coming up.  l am looking forward to it.  My next batch of plants should arrive in the next few days.  I will get those in the ground as soon as I can.  I will check the ones I planted on Sunday when I get a chance.  They may need some water.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment