Monday, October 17, 2011

Seven Godly qualities

Our Daily Bread
I think all of us have heard of the seven deadly sins.  There was even a movie made about them!  Today's devotional talks about the seven Godly qualities that should strive to attain as children of God.  They are:

Virtue. Fulfilling God’s design for a life with moral excellence.
Knowledge. Studying God’s Word to gain wisdom to combat falsehood.
Self-control. Revering God so much that we choose godly behavior.
Perseverance. Having a hopeful attitude even in difficulties because we’re confident in God’s character.
Godliness. Honoring the Lord in every relationship in life.
Brotherly kindness. Displaying a warmhearted affection for fellow believers.
Love. Sacrificing for the good of others.a

Wow!  I found this scripture many years ago.  I try to live by them all, but find myself challenged by one or all of them at one time or another!  God convicted me of the self-control virtue in the past few years.  It is not an easy one to live out on a daily basis!  As I wrote in the blog several times, I suck so bad at it so often!  I am thankful that God is so patient with me (and all of us!).

Lord, please accept my meager attempts at being virtuous.  I promise to try harder to turn these things over to you!


Movie Monday
I got to see two movies last week: Real Steel and Abduction.

Real Steel
This movie is about a down on his luck guy that finds out he has to take custody of the 11 year old son he has never met.  The father is an ex-boxer turned robot boxer.  The robot fighting scenes are very cool.  I liked them a lot.  Seeing them on the big screen was cool.  The sappy father-son scenes were not acted very well.  I could have gone without those.  They sort of left the movie ending open for a sequel.  I am not sure anyone wants to see that!

I give it one bear paw.

Abduction
Are you an Edward or Jacob fan in the Twilight series?  If you are a Jacob fan, then you should see this movie.  That is what the movie producers are counting on!  He is the star of this action thriller.  It is not too bad.  It is not great either.  His character finds out that he has been living with protectors instead of his real parents for most of his life.  The bad guys try to find him to get to his real father, who is a master spy.  There are some cool action scenes.  There are some scenes that just don't make any sense.  You get to see him with his shirt off...  hehehe

I give this one bear paw.

Other Stuff
I had a good Sunday.  I went to both worship services again.  I like doing that since I get to hear the sermons twice!  I need that!  The choir special was good.  The childrens choir special was great!  I went home immediately afterwards because I was tired and hungry.  I had a sandwich for lunch, and then took a nap.  I did a little cooking after I woke up.  I baked a pork loin (garlic peppercorn, mmmmmm) and made some oatmeal chocolate chip pecan cookies.  My favorite!

I really missed taking part in the dinner group last night.  I miss the gang!

Mens chorus was good.  I need to get started on memorization this week.

I am supposed to have dinner with a buddy tonight.  Not sure where we are going yet.  I also have a doctors appointment with my endocrinologist.  I didn't realize until today that I forgot to get lab work done.  Oh well.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment