Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Got a booboo?

Our Daily Bread
How many times have we looked in the mirror and told God "You just don't understand.  I am hurting here..." or "Yes, I know Jesus was in human form, but he never got dumped by a boyfriend, lover, spouse, etc".  How could he understand?  I asked these questions a lot the past few years!

The answer that comes back to me over and over is "we are fearfully and wonderfully made".  God knows and understands because he created us in his image and knows exactly how we work inside.  He really does understand!  Not only does he understand, he can give us peace through any circumstance, regardless of how much we are hurting.  Peace and joy run much deeper in the human psyche than hurt!  They push hurt out of our bodies and hearts and minds so we can focus on the real purpose of our existence -- to serve and praise God!

As I write a lot in this blog:  I don't always understand where the road is going or what God is doing in my life.  It doesn't really matter where the road is going as long as God is leading!

Lord, thank you for your peace and love and joy.  Praise God!

Teaching Tuesday
The Disciple 1 lesson this week was about deliverance -- God delivering his people out of the land of Egypt.  I got something new out of reading the first half of Exodus again. God reminded me about he has delivered me out of many, many situations in my life!  Don't we have an amazing God!?!

I found that my life is very similar to the Hebrew people of old.  I have situations in my life that cause me to suffer -- some I created myself and some were thrust upon me.  I pray to God to deliver me from these situations.  God calls me to obedience since are partners in deliverance.  I can't keep running back to the situations that kept me captive if I expect to be delivered!  We have to accept God's deliverance so we can move on to a better place in our lives.

We need to trust God along the way.  It will not always easy.  For me, I complain about being lonely at times or not having someone to attend a concert with or to check on me after a surgery.  God flooded my life with family and friends who care about me and who want the best for me.  That has not always been the case for the men in my life.  ;-(  We need to keep a spirit of thanksgiving and remembrance for the things God has done for us.  None of that "what have you done for me lately, God" stuff!  No, sir!  hehehe

Lastly, we need to accept no less than what God promised us.  So many times we compromise because we grow tired of being patient on the Lord.  We accept a substitute or a "this is good enough for me" solution, usually something that we came up with on our own.  There have been a couple of guys along the way that would "have been good enough", but I would have known in my heart that they were not the right one for me. God will lead me to him.  I will keep an open and loving heart along the way!  I will not be like the children of Israel who HAD to make idols of gold to represent their god.  None of that for duanebear!  hehehe

What is God calling you to do?  To be patient for?  He honors his promises.  We have to trust always and obey without reservation.  Praise God!

Other stuff
I had a nice evening last night.  I had a late doctor appointment, then finished my D1 reading before meeting a friend for dinner.  We had a nice chat.  I went home to check on a few things then went to bed.  I was tired.  I hope to avoid a full blown sinus and ear infection.  I will see how that goes.  ;-p

I need to run some errands tonight.  It rained at my house last night, so I don't need to water the plants I put in the ground last week.  I will work on the landscaping some more if the weather is clear.  Scotts aerated my lawn last night.  I hadn't had that done in a few years.  It needed it!

I want you to know how God has been in my life the past few days.  A peace has come over me that I need to remember and ask God to keep in my heart and mind.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that everything will work out OK, regardless of what I have to face.  God will not leave me to face my perils alone.  He is there to share my joys as well.  I praise him for working in my life and in the life of my friends as I continue to pray for them.

The rest of the week will be busy.  It should be a good week and a good weekend.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment