Sunday, October 30, 2011

Attacks from a liar

Our Daily Bread
Ever had someone in your life that just couldn't seem to tell the truth if their life depended on it?  Satan is like that.  He will try to deceive you into damaging your relationship with God any chance he gets!  Yikes!  God knows this.  He will give us power, through his Spirit, to overcome the wiles of Satan if we trust him.

I have been going round and round with a friend that "adjusts" the truth to his own liking and convenience.  I have to admit that I have not been patient with him.  I have been too judgmental about the whole situation.  I also have to admit that I never realized that I over exaggerate at times and this is a form of lying!  I didn't like hearing that.  I am working on pulling the log out of my own eye while I am praying for this friend to take the splinter out of his!

Lord, I want to put on your spiritual armor to fight the good fight against Satan and sin.

Psalm Sunday
The psalm this week is Psalm 28.  Verses 3 and  4 go along with the devotional today!  How cool is that!  I try to remember these psalms each day as I remind myself to fight evil (Satan) and rely even more on the strength of my life, our God.


Psalm 28

Of David.
 1 To you, LORD, I call;
   you are my Rock,
   do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you remain silent,
   I will be like those who go down to the pit.
2 Hear my cry for mercy
   as I call to you for help,
as I lift up my hands
   toward your Most Holy Place.

 3 Do not drag me away with the wicked,
   with those who do evil,
who speak cordially with their neighbors
   but harbor malice in their hearts.
4 Repay them for their deeds
   and for their evil work;
repay them for what their hands have done
   and bring back on them what they deserve.

 5 Because they have no regard for the deeds of the LORD
   and what his hands have done,
he will tear them down
   and never build them up again.

 6 Praise be to the LORD,
   for he has heard my cry for mercy.
7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
   my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
   and with my song I praise him.

 8 The LORD is the strength of his people,
   a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
9 Save your people and bless your inheritance;
   be their shepherd and carry them forever.


Other Stuff
What a football game last night!  I laughed!  I cried!  I screamed really loud!  Congratulations, Buckeyes, for a great win.  We will remember this one for a long time.

I attended a church workshop yesterday.  It was nice.  I met some new folks.  I saw some folks I met here and there.  I saw a guy that I would love to date IF he wasn't partnered already.  Oh well.  He feels the same way about me, which is nice.  It was a good day.

I thought I had a flaw in my plan for the day when I tried to drive to the OSU Hospital.  They had several exits closed off for the football game.  Yikes!  I had to circle around a little, but got to the hospital OK.  I found a quick way out of the mess after I left my friend's room.  We had a good visit.  He is not sure how much longer he will be in the hospital.  We will see.

I stopped by Target to pick up my Halloween candy. I really enjoy handing out candy on Halloween!  That will be my Monday night activity.

I worked on cleaning the house some more.  I am making progress.  I still need to do some vacuuming and dusting.  I found some major cobwebs around the house.  Yikes!  I will catch all of those with my Swiffer Duster this afternoon.  ;-)

Looking forward to church and mens chorus today.  I hope you have a great day as well!

Let go, my friends.  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment