Friday, October 28, 2011

I will wait upon the Lord...

Our Daily Bread
Some days I feel like the authors of the devotionals are watching me, and then changing the devotional to exactly what I need to hear each day!  I know that sounds a little paranoid, but it sooooo uncanny how often the devotional is EXACTLY what I need to hear!  Today is no exception.

The devotional is about not trying to understand God and his greatness.  Not trying to understand his plan.  We are just supposed to let go, and let him hold us in his care!  Does that sound like the last line of my blog entries the past few weeks!  God has been working on me in this area.

I have been questioning why some things have been happening to me.  Questioning God's timing.  Questioning why I can't seem to move on in my life since I feel some things holding me back are actually from God.  As usual, I am being painfully frank.  I feel like I know who my special man is, but God hasn't told him yet!  Why not?  Why can't we be together now?  I have been trying my best to let go and let God on this one.  I really have.  From what I read today, I need to quit crying like an unweaned baby and rest in the Lord.  Understanding is not necessary.  Obedience and faith without reservation is necessary.  I will do my best to let go!

Lord, thank you for the important messages you bring to me and remind me of each day.  

Foodie Friday
Haven't been cooking much.  Haven't had time.  I thought I would remind you of the neat cooking sites where I found the Halloween treats last year:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/holidays-and-events/halloween/main.aspx

http://www.marthastewart.com/275177/our-favorite-halloween-recipes/@center/276965/halloween

http://www.bhg.com/halloween/recipes/

http://www.foodnetwork.com/topics/halloween/index.html

Enjoy!

Other Stuff
I visited my buddy in the hospital after work last night.  He had a better day and some good news.  Very cool!

I got to church in time to do some reading before choir practice.  I got most of my D1 reading done.  I will continue reading and review stuff until next Wednesday.  Choir practice was fun as we started Messiah rehearsal.  We plan to sing the Christmas portion on December 18.  Woohooo!

I plan to visit a friend after work.  He has been sick for a long time now, but finally got to settle in at home.  That will be nice.  I need to work on laundry and house cleaning after that.  I have a workshop for church tomorrow.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment