Saturday, October 8, 2011

Don't know any other way...

Our Daily Bread
When I read the devotion today I thought to myself "I don't think I know any other way to act now rather than have God in my life each and every day".  My second thought was "you foolish, human, how many times have you turned from God and forgotten your faith?"  The balance between humility and strength and pride is very difficult for me most days!

Daniel was a great leader in his kingdom.  His enemies plotted to use his religion against him.  Daniel kept worshiping the Almighty God.  He didn't know what would happen if he was thrown in the lion's den.  It didn't matter.  He HAD to worship his God.

Whether we could be thrown into a lions den or an overheated furnace or dismissed by our peers, worshiping our God is the most important thing we can continue to do with each breath we breathe!

Lord, I want to always remember to not bow to any idols or people of this earth.  I only bow to you.

Simply Saturday
I had a weird week, but it is ending well.  I started off the week recovering from some kind of flu symptoms.  My voice was giving out.  I was tired and stressed from work stuff.  I hadn't been to the gym in a week or so.  I managed to take a few good walks, go to the gym on Wednesday, get two deliveries of perennials planted (or almost all of them), have some long talks with friends and family, and finally commit to letting God heal me of my biggest challenge of late.

God is a merciful God.  He is patient.  He is loving.  Yes, I have some pet sins that I am not proud of.  I am working on getting my discipline to all areas of my life.  It disturbs me when I think "I am so good in so many ways, I deserve one little sin in my life".  Not good!  One little sin leads to another, to another, etc.  Sin is like Lays potato chips -- you can't have just one!  hehehe  God will help us overcome to the best of our abilities.  Never let perfection be your idol.  It won't happen.  Being the best God can make you in this human form is the goal!

I thank God for healing.  For patience.  I pray that I can always be open to hearing his voice and the movement of the Holy Spirit.

As far as a relationship?  I know what God promised me.  If the man he has for me is more wonderful than the last guy, then I am truly blessed already!  I will be patient.  I will trust God.

What things in your life is God asking you to be patient for?

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment