Thursday, October 27, 2011

Be careful, little tongue, what you say...

Our Daily Bread
There is a contemporary Christian song that has a child's voice singing "Be careful little eyes what you see".  The points of today's devotional are be careful what you say and what you hear!

It is easy to get caught up in talking about someone.  It is not always easy to tell when talking about someone out of concern becomes gossiping about the person.  The point of today's devotional is to stop even if you THINK you might be gossiping.  Eliminate any doubt!

Also, gossipers wouldn't have much to say if there weren't people to listen.  The devotional suggests being more disciplined about NOT listening to gossip.  Don't even be associated with it!

I am thinking and praying about this devotional, asking the Spirit to cleanse my tongue.  There may have been times where I have slipped from "being concerned" to "gossiping" without realizing it (or not wanting to realize it!).

Lord, I want to follow the guidelines you gave us for relationships, including loving others as myself and not gossiping!

Technology Thursday
The technology world is sooooooo boring right now!  Many of the tech articles are on three topics: what Apple is going to do next, what Google is going to do next and what new phones are coming out trying to dethrone the iPhone.  Is the iPhone the perfect phone?  Nah.  The iPhone 4S is a great phone now and a great device.  I am looking forward to a 4G iPhone next  year.  I think Apple will do it right compared to the Android devices that have a battery life of 45 seconds on a 4G connection.  My HSPA+ speeds on the ATT network are OK for now and I get good battery life!

I am going to look for a new laptop during the holiday season.  I saw some good deals and discounts through my work discount site.  I think I can do better.  I don't know how much I will use it, so I don't want the top of the line.  I also don't want an entry level laptop either because I would probably throw it against a wall if it was too slow.   ;-p  Not really.  I am spoiled...  I will post my laptop purchasing guide next week.  I wrote it a few years ago.  I recently updated it for a friend.

Other Stuff
I had a nice visit with my acquaintance at the hospital last night.  I went to church afterwards to pray and for my D1 class.  We had some spirited discussions in class.  It was fun.  I had to stop by Kroger on the way home to pick up some milk.

I plan to visit my acquaintance again today after work, do some reading, and then attend choir practice.  I get to rest some Friday night.  I need to clean my house sometime.  I feel like I am done with the landscaping for this Fall.  I might grab a few more perennials if I catch them on sale.  I did so much work already, I am satisfied.  It will be nice to see how things look in the Spring!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment