Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Justice

Our Daily Bread
It is very difficult for me at times to "let things go" when it comes to justice.  If I see something that is unfair or someone not acting in the way they profess, I usually have to say or do something about it!  That is not always a good thing as I have learned over and over.  I don't always say things in love the way I should.  I guess I picked up some Bible thumping ways from my earlier life!    hehehe

Mordecai was a Jewish man who would not bow down to any man, only to his God.  The irritated Haman, who decided to get rid of Mordecai and his entire people!  Talk about vicious!  In a dramatic turn of events in the book of Esther, Haman was hanged on the gallows that he had built for Mordecai!  Isn't God amazing!

The lesson for me (and you) is this: fight injustice by doing the right things at the right time.  We are not judge and jury.  We are to use appropriate activism.  We are to pray for things to change.  God showed over and over again in the Bible that he hears the cries of the weak and indigent.

Lord, I want to be your light in the world of injustice.  Please help me do the right things at the right times.

Teaching Tuesday
I had a hard time reading the passages for this week.  The lesson is about the laws that God handed down through Moses.  The passages were from Exodus, Deuteronomy, Leviticus and Numbers.  ZZzzzZZZzzzzzzz Sorry, they were very detailed and very repetitive.  They still spoke to me though.  I can see where people get some of the rules and regulations today.

The most notable of the passages to me were the ten commandments and the greatest commandment.  We are all pretty familiar with the ten commandments.  We sometimes forget the greatest commandment, which is basically the first commandment with more details in Deuteronomy 6:5.  When all else fails and you don't know what to do, follow this directive!

Other Stuff
I had a busy evening (again).  I stopped by OP Gallo to get fitted for my tux vest and tux shirts.  They had some used shirts in stock, so I got a deal there.  The lady was very nice.

I stopped by a friend's house to pick up some hostas he gave me.  I will split up the rather large clump into three pieces for my back landscaping bed.  I will try to get those planted, the grass relocated and maybe a few more plants in the ground tonight.  The landscaping will officially be DONE for this year!  Woohooo!  ;-)

I visited a friend in the hospital.  We think the power of prayer is at work in his life as he may not need the surgery he was brought to OSU for.  Woohoooo!  We will wait prayerfully to hear the final word from the doctors.

I did some stuff around the house and on the computer before working on my D1 reading.  I will finish the reading tonight.

God is allowing me to be tested this week.  I had an "up" week last week.  God is allowing some more temptation and situations in my life this week to test my faith and "letting go".  I will write more about my new mantra tomorrow in Witness Wednesday.  Stay tuned!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and carry you!

No comments:

Post a Comment