Monday, October 3, 2011

Healer of the broken (fill in the blank)

Our Daily Bread
The devotional today is pretty amazing.  Once again, God lead me to it during a time when I was asking for his healing and wholeness.  This devotional, written maybe as much as a year ago, was written just for me.  That's my story and I am sticking to it!

The person discussed in the devotional had great tragedy in his life, losing all five of his children in his lifetime.  I remember what it was like for my grandmother to lose two of her six children.  She was devastated!  I imagine that Thomas Moore may have felt like Job!  I know I would have!  Yet, Thomas continued to write beautiful words and music that offered consolation to himself and to others.  What a blessing!

As I was praying at bedtime last night, God told me to get up and read the devotional for today.  I couldn't sleep, so I got up and read it.  How timely!  How wonderful is our God to give us what we need when we need it.  He is there to console us even when we don't know what to ask for.  I know.

Lord, thank you for being there for us.  Help us to serve you with all of our minds and all of our hearts.

Movie Monday
OK, didn't get to the theater again this week.  I didn't feel up to it on Saturday when the weather was too bad to work outside.  I used it as an opportunity to rent a movie from Amazon.com's streaming service.  Apparently I got a free rental for a movie that I purchased on DVD.  First, let me say that getting the service setup on my bluray player was a pain.  You set this up.  You set that up.  Yikes!  I finally got it all setup on both the Sony site and the Amazon.com site.  Whew...  Once I finally started the movie, it worked very well.

The movie was Zardoz.  You might ask: Zardoz?  Seriously?  The only reason I watched the movie is that Sean Connery made the movie right after the Bond movies.  He was scantily clad most of the movie, which doesn't suck in my silly mind!  I loved seeing his hairy chest and legs running around doing whatever he was doing.  I guess the movie had a plot and other characters too!  hehehe

The movie was about the human race, who had an elite group of humans escape earth before it was destroyed.  The elite figured out a way to become immortal.  It wasn't all it was cracked up to be they learned later.  Some of the elite managed (and I say poorly managed) the beasts (uneducated humans) that didn't make it to the elite status.  They were savages.  Sean Connery's character, Zed, was the special man who would bring death to the immortals.  Zed is also the last letter in the Latin and Greek alphabets.  It was rated R, so there was other stuff in it too.  Ewww!  Interestingly enough, Zardoz was derived from The Wizard of Oz Zardoz!

I give this movie one bear paw.  I also give it lots of kudos for hiring Sean for the part.  He was hot!

Other Stuff
I finally work up about 10:35 Sunday morning.  I got out of bed about 11:15.  I felt better than I did Saturday night, but not by much.  There was some outside work that had to get done because it was a nice day.  I got the lawn mowed.  I planted the shipment of plants that I received the other day.  I potted the two mums I bought for the front porch.  I was very tired after that and took a nap.

I awoke in time to get ready for mens chorus rehearsal.  I also talked to my new neighbors for a few minutes. They want to build a fence around their house for their dogs.  They seemed very nice.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment