Sunday, October 16, 2011

Parts is parts...

Our Daily Bread
I like the analogy of the "body" of the church.  Just like the body shouldn't have to function with all of its amazingly designed parts, each person in the church also fits into the body of Christ just like our body parts fit together.  As a friend of mine joked many years ago "Yes, there are even a$$holes in the church, too!"  hehehehe

As human beings, we all wonder where we "fit" in this world.  One of the lesser recognized benefits of being a child of God is that we all have a place in the body of believers.  How cool is that!  We are all equal even though some get more attention than others.  We should recognize and thank all the parts!

Lord, thank you for letting me be a part of the body of believers.  Help me do my part!

Psalm Sunday
Let's look at Psalm 26 this week:

Psalm 26

Of David.
 1 Vindicate me, LORD,
   for I have led a blameless life;
I have trusted in the LORD
   and have not faltered.
2 Test me, LORD, and try me,
   examine my heart and my mind;
3 for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love
   and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.

 4 I do not sit with the deceitful,
   nor do I associate with hypocrites.
5 I abhor the assembly of evildoers
   and refuse to sit with the wicked.
6 I wash my hands in innocence,
   and go about your altar, LORD,
7 proclaiming aloud your praise
   and telling of all your wonderful deeds.

 8 LORD, I love the house where you live,
   the place where your glory dwells.
9 Do not take away my soul along with sinners,
   my life with those who are bloodthirsty,
10 in whose hands are wicked schemes,
   whose right hands are full of bribes.
11 I lead a blameless life;
   deliver me and be merciful to me.

 12 My feet stand on level ground;
   in the great congregation I will praise the LORD.

I can relate to this one more than some of the others we looked at the past few weeks.  I have a situation in my life where I feel like I have been acting as the Lord led me.  I was not perfect in all situations due to some frustration and fear on my part, but I did the best I could.  I was told I was horribly wrong. None of the things that God told me were correct and that I needed to let it go.  Vindication would be nice.  God has been teaching me that vindication is not required -- obedience without reservation is required!  Yes, there may be times that obeying the Lord may make us look like fools in the eyes of the world.  I am fine with that.  Looking like a fool to a possible romantic interest was (and still is) difficult for me.  I will hang in there.  Like I said many times:: What does it matter where the road goes as long as God is leading?


Other Stuff
I had a nice day at a training seminar for church.  God moves in wonderful ways!  I am looking forward to this new opportunity for ministry in my life.  God is so great!

I went home so i could watch the OSU game.  I tried to get the lawn mowed and leaves picked up during half time, but it took me longer than what I thought.  I got to watch the last bit of the third quarter and the fourth quarter.  I was so afraid that we were going to get a big lead and lose it again like last week!  Yikes!  The Bucks only gave up one score against an Illinois team that was undefeated.  Great job!  We have a bye week before we play Wisconsin.  Do we have a chance?  No clue!

I had nice conversations with some close friends after the game and then started my D1 reading for this week.  I plan to finish it up today.  If it doesn't rain, I may do some more landscaping work.  I will see how that goes.  I have the bug and won't be stopped!  hehehe

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment