Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Are you at your desk?

Our Daily Bread
We have a chat application at work that includes a feature to list your current site like Columbus, Marconi, Home, etc.  Folks use it for the actual location or for something funny at times, like "Living the dream" or "Heaven" or a planet from the Star Wars movies!  It is intended to let your coworkers know where you might be if they are looking for you.

There are things in our life that can help us identify and communicate our "location" in our relationship with God.  Jesus took us to a new place in our lives when we accepted him.  We should keep moving forward in our relationship with him so we can grow and give him glory each day.  Things like putting aside our sinful humanity as best as we can is a continuous process in our lifetime.  I know I keep going back to the same silly sins more often than I care to admit!

Lord, thank you for helping me put aside the silly things of this body and this world.  Help us bring heaven to earth each day.

Witness Wednesday
Yes, I am human.  I sin.  I am not proud of my sins.  I am also not one to take whip to my back sitting in a corner cursing my flesh every time I sin.  Finding the balance of knowing our place in God's kingdom and truly trying to put aside "pet" sins can be difficult.  I keep remembering that I hurt God each time I sin.  It hurts our relationship when I do things the he asked me not to do or ignore his promises for my immediate gratification. That box of Hohos or seriously considering casual sex because I HAVE to get some immediate gratification is not healthy for me at any time.

Trying to MAKE something happen that is not God's will is another thing I am bad about in my daily life.  Why can't I trust the many promises that God made us in his Word?  Why can't I trust the many promises God made me in my prayers while sincerely seeking him?  He does not want to give us lesser things.  He knows the desires of our hearts, often when we do not.

Trust God as much as you trust the ground below you each day.  Trust God as much as you trust the sun to traverse the sky.  Remember that God is the one who put those things in place with just his words!

Other Stuff
I am feeling better today.  I needed to relax last night, so I went to the movies.  I hadn't been in almost a month.  I got some good news -- AMC is crediting my Stubs account when I use the discount passes I get from work.  Woohoooo!  I wasn't getting credit for my ticket purchase when I used the passes.  I do now!  Woohooo!  I used my $10 Stubs card credit and two passes tonight.  I didn't have to spend too much on my gift card for all my snacks.  ;-)  I had a large drink (free upgrade from a medium price), chicken fingers and a medium popcorn (free upgrade from the small price).  Not too bad.  I will review the movies on Monday.

I exchanged a few texts when I got home and then went to bed.  I was tired.  Looking forward to D1 class tonight.

I have a busy weekend, especially this Saturday.  I have four events!  Yikes!  I should be able to attend three of them.  That should be fun.  I will rest on Sunday.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment