Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Count it all joy

Our Daily Bread
I am not a big gardener, but I am learning a few things here and there.  I didn't realize why I had to plant bulbs in the Fall.  During the Winter, the bulbs settle in the ground and start their growing process so they can be ready for Spring.  Wow!  Who knew? 

Our lives can be like that.  We don't always understand that qualities like patience and long-suffering are like flower bulbs we plant in the Fall.  They will take root in our during our Winter times so we can continue to grow and blossom during the Spring times in our lives!  Wow!  Who knew?  ;-)  I encourage you to plant those bulbs now even though it is not the Fall season in the weather report.  It may be a "Fall season" in your life.  Let the bulbs of patience and long-suffering take root.

Lord, thank you for letting the gifts of the Holy Spirit grow in us if we will only let you plant the bulbs!  Thank you for our trials and for our good times!

Teaching Tuesday
I was behind a week, so I read two chapters this week.  The first lesson was about Jeremiah.  The second lesson was about Isaiah. 

If you want to learn about Jeremiah, there is a great movie about him that I highly recommend.  It seems to be very accurate to the Biblical account of his life.  It stars Patrick Dempsey who plays McDreamy on a popular TV show.

The chapter about Isaiah struck me funny.  I knew that the lives of  the prophets were not easy.  They were usually outcasts or killed for their messages.  It was not an easy life.  The book of Isaiah gave a lot of details about his struggles.  It was very interesting to me.

****************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment