Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What a deal!

Our Daily Bread
Have you looked at your spam folder recently in your email?  Wow!  I never knew I needed so many drugs and upgrades to my body and had so much money available to me!  Wow!  PLEASE tell me that you NEVER look at or respond to those emails!  I finally got one family member to live by this one simple rule: If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is!

There is one offer that is NOT too good to be true!  It is the offer of salvation and heaven on earth that God offers us!  Wow!  Have you accepted his call to salvation and offer of life eternal?  Have you accepted his offer of peace and life and love?

For me, I feel like I am living life with all the answers to life's most important questions: love God above all others and love others as yourself.  Everything else falls into place if we keep these things in mind!

Lord, thank you for your gift of salvation and life and love.  We praise you!

Teaching Tuesday
I read the section about III Isaiah, Ezra and Nehemiah this week.  I thought the historical side was interesting, but didn't see anything jump out at me as a major revelation like many of the other chapters.  I think the most interesting part is the arranging of the books of Ezra and Nehemiah into their correct chronological order (as best as we know now).

*****************************
Excavating your heart will unearth the beautiful things God has planted in you. - R. Howerton

No comments:

Post a Comment