Monday, April 8, 2013

Mini me

Our Daily Bread
I joke with folks about the Austin Powers character named Mini Me.  He is the smaller version of Dr Evil that looks, acts and dresses like him.  Hilarious!

I thought of this silly character while reading the devotional and had a serious thought, yes, I say, a serious thought!  Wouldn't the world be great if we were all Mini Jesus'?  In my mind, a Mini Jesus wouldn't necessarily look and dress like Jesus, but would definitely act like Jesus!  Can you imagine a world full of attributes, which include tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering (Col. 3:12), and, above all, love?  Wow!  After writing this, God said something like "Wouldn't it be nice if there was a Mini Jesus in YOUR house?"  ha!  I am looking at the man in the mirror.  What do you see when you look in the mirror?

Lord, thank you for enabling us to be more like you if we are just willing!

Movie Monday
I didn't get to the movie theater last week.  Was too busy.  I know being too busy for movies is crazy talk from me, but that was the case!  Here are some DVD releases that have happened or that are coming up.

Most of the Academy Award nominated movies like Lincoln, Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, and Les Miserables.

Some others out or that are coming out:
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Parental Guidance
This is 40
Apparently the first five Fast and Furious movies are on Bluray this coming week.

Some good movies to watch!  Have a good time!

********************************
We are far from perfect, but despite our mistakes and our sins, we will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon us - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment