Monday, April 29, 2013

Heavenly peace

Our Daily Bread
It is amazing to me how many times I can listen to a song, but not really hear the lyrics.  I pasted the chorus to "Will not be moved" by Natalie Grant in the tag line for this entry.  Amazing lyrics!  The lyrics also go along with the devotional today.  God is so amazing for coordinating this consistent message!

The devotional talks about good ol' David.  We look to him to learn so much about faith, about serving God and about horrible mistakes.  I can hear David saying the works from "Will not be moved" over and over as he lived his eventful life.  Amazing!  Can we all say these words when life beats us down?  When we think there is no hope?  When we question why we follow God?  We will NOT be moved.  Amen!

Lord, thank you for being our Solid Rock.  Please help us to rest in your peace and NOT be moved!

Movie Monday
I didn't make it to the movie theater this week.  Had a lot going on AND there wasn't much that I wanted to see.  I watched a few old favorites in my home theater: Monty Python and the Holy Grail and X-Men The last stand.  Oldies, but goodies...  My friends wondered why I kept saying "I'm not dead. I'm really feeling bettah.  I might go for a walk..." and reply to questions with "Nee, Nee!"  ha!


*****************************
I will stumble, I will fall down
But I will not be moved
I will make mistakes, I will face heartache,
But I will not be moved
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand,
all other ground is sinking sand.
I will not be moved - Will not be moved by Natalie Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment