Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I am loved, you are loved

Our Daily Bread
The Gaither Vocal Band recorded a song called I am Loved many years ago.  The meaning of those lyrics have meant more and more to me over the years.  The lyrics fit so well with today's devotional!  Here is the chorus:

I am loved, I am loved
I can risk loving you
For the One who knows me best
Loves me most
I am loved you are loved
Won't you please take my hand
We are free to love each other
We are loved


Wow!  We can love others because God first loved us!  Who knew?  ha!  I guess we all know this but how often do we really think about it?  Let's think about the passage in 1 John 4:7-21.  Let's think about how much we re loved and how that spills out to others!

Once again, God reminds me of my whining.  Lord, please help me look around, acknowledge my feelings and turn the over to you!

Lord, thank you for your love.  Please help us show it to others!

Wellness Wednesday
Seven ways to prepare for Spring allergies
I thought this article was appropriate for many of us who suffer from seasonal allergies. I hope the seven ways make your Spring nothing to sneeze at!

See an Allergist Before Spring Allergies Start.
Don't wait for allergy symptoms to make you miserable before seeing your allergist.  Start your drugs early, if needed.

Stay on the 'Outs' With Pollen
Enjoy a respite from spring allergies inside your home by shutting out pollen. As tempting as it may be to let the spring breeze in, keep doors and windows closed to minimize allergy symptoms.


Mold-Proof Your Home
Pollen isn't the only spring allergy culprit. Mold can also kick your allergy symptoms into overdrive.

Plan Your Schedule to Dodge Peak Allergy Hours
As frustrating as it may be, try to plan your schedule so that you can avoid outdoor activities when the pollen count is highest, typically 5 a.m. to 10 a.m.

Track Allergen Levels
Check the Web sites of your favorite weather stations during allergy season to see if they offer daily pollen and mold count reports. If your allergist has a site, chances are you can find the information listed there as well.

Consider Nasal Irrigation
Talk with your doctor about nasal irrigation options, like a low-tech yet effective neti pot.

Try Acupuncture for Spring Allergies
A study published in the European Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, found significant reduction of allergy symptoms for study participants who received acupuncture treatments 3 times per week for 4 weeks, as compared to participants who did not receive it.  I tried acupuncture last year for some other symptoms, which it seemed to help.  Getting it three times per week for four weeks would be expensive!

I hope these help us get through Spring!
*********************
We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment