Monday, April 15, 2013

Money, money, money

Our Daily Bread
While reading the devotional, I was reminded of an ABBA song called Money, Money, Money.  I think it expresses what most folks feel.  Check out the lyrics here.  There aren't many in the "rich man's world"!

The devotional talks about a touchy subject to many church folks -- money.  How much to give or should I give at all?  The Bible says 10%.  Is that before or after taxes?  Should I give to special charities or other needy folks?  Shouldn't I be smart about it and make sure I can deduct any donations?  In short, I believe God will lead us and God will provide.  It sounds so simple.  I am not saying this in a casual or condescending way.  I have had my difficult times.  I have also given out of faith that God will provide.  Like anything else, pray about it.  Follow God's leading.  I can testify that He is faithful!

Lord, you gave us all we have, even if we don't want to admit it.  Please help us be good stewards of your gifts!

Movie Monday
I saw a double header on Saturday, one of my favorite things to do!  I saw 42 and Scary Movie 5.  I even had a coupon for popcorn!  Woohoo!

Scary Movie 5
The scariest part of this movie is that they actually released it!  Yikes!  I like these types of movies, but this one was pretty bad.  I think I laughed more at the out takes at the end than I did during the movie.  Be sure to stay for the out takes!  There were a few bright spots that were very funny, but they were few and far between.

I give this movie one bear paw.  It is probably best seen on NetFlix while intoxicated.

42
I loved this hero movie.  From what I understand, it is pretty accurate.  It shows the whole gamut of emotions during the first season of Jackie Robinson playing in the all-white farm team and his first pro season with the Brooklyn Dodgers.  There were solid performances from the entire cast.  The love story between Jackie and his wife was very sweet.  The hate and vitriol displayed by the white folks was unbelievably horrible.  I felt ashamed even though I wasn't even born when this happened!

I give this movie four bear paws.   See it soon.

*************************************
I pray the weight of my sins doth not crush me back to dust from where I came. I pray that God create in me a new, clean heart and place a right spirit within me. Restore to me the joy of my salvation. Praise the Almighty God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment