Monday, April 22, 2013

You never know

Our Daily Bread
I have always been a teaser.  I have teased people about ALL kinds of things, including dust.  No, not in the "do you EVER dust?" kind of teasing.  My family had been talking about the "man came from dust, and to dust shall he return" scripture while on a trip to visit relatives.  I noticed a lot of dust on the tables, chairs, etc at the relatives' home.  I teased my brother and sisters: "I am not sure if someone is coming or going!".  ha!

The devotional made me think about the way I can "dismiss" people sometimes.  I hate to admit that in a public forum, but God requires me to be honest.  We are all made of the same simple stuff -- dust and water.  Granted there are lot of things going on with those two ingredients!  AND, they can produce very different results when combined different ways!  Wow!  The point is that we need to treat each person for the miracle he or she is!  Praise God!

Lord, you saw beauty in dust and made us all! Please help us all look at each other in the same way!  

Movie Monday
I saw the new Tom Cruise movie called Oblivion on Friday night.  It was a Sci-Fi movie a little over two hours long.  I mention the time because of my belief that if you can't express the story line in ninety minutes, then why tell it?  ha!  There are obviously some exceptions to that rule.  This movie was not one of the exceptions.  It was just OK.  There were some very cool special effects, but not enough to justify spending $10 to see the movie.  The story line was odd to me, but OK.  Overall, I think it was just an OK movie.  If you see it at the theater, then go to a matinee.  Don't pay full price!  ha!

I give this movie two bear paws.  Renting it on Netflix is probably a good plan!

****************************
If we’re gonna pray about it
There’s no use in worrying
If we’re gonna worry about it
Why are we praying
Just leave it in the hands of the Father
Leave it in the hands of the Healer
Leave it in the hands of Jesus
And walk away
Walk away   -- Brandon Heath & Thad Cockrell

No comments:

Post a Comment