Friday, April 26, 2013

Make the most of it

Our Daily Bread
There have been many times in my life that I had "once in a lifetime" opportunities or at least things that seemed that way.  Singing at Carnegie Hall.  Going to Hawaii. A rare eclipse.  Can you think of any?  What was the advice that I was given?  "Make the most of it!"  I know that I get teased a lot for being so active and doing so many different things in my life!

The devotional today reminds us to do that with our lives -- make the most of it!  We only have one life to live.  Living it for God in the best ways we know how is our best chance to see heaven on earth!  I can testify that the times I have been closest to God have been the most amazing times in my life.  I look forward to many more if God keeps me on this earth!  How about you?  Are  you making the most of it?

Lord, thank you for giving us life.  Please help us make the most of it by living for you!

Foodie Friday
I found this recipe last week and tried it.  I LOVE it!  I left out the corn and used salsa instead of the tomato paste.  Great tasting!

Chorizo Chili quesadilla
1 box (10 oz) Green Giant® Niblets® frozen corn & butter sauce
10 oz ground pork chorizo
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese (8 oz)
  1. Heat oven to 375°F. Microwave corn as directed on box. Set aside.
  2. Meanwhile, heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo, onion and tomato paste; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, or until thoroughly cooked. Add corn and beans; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
  3. Unroll one pie crust on large ungreased or parchement-lined cookie sheet; sprinkle 2/3 cup of the cheese over crust to within 1 inch of edge. Top with chorizo mixture and 2/3 cup of the remaining cheese.
  4. Moisten edge of crust with water. Top with second crust; roll edge inward, pressing to seal. Cut 3 slits in top crust. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup cheese. Bake 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes.
**********************
We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment