Friday, April 19, 2013

You are not doing it right...

Our Daily Bread
I try to work out several times a week to improve my body and overall health.  I tease my friends a lot and get teased a lot about these efforts.  One of our jokes is about pain.  They ask "Doesn't it hurt to exercise that much?"  My silly answer "If it doesn't hurt then you aren't doing it right!"  ha!

I am not saying that hurting is part of the Christian life, though sometimes be "of the world, but not in the world" can feel hurtful.  We are not in touch the latest TV shows or the coolest fashion trends or doing the latest cool activity because we are spending time in serving God, reading his Word and praying.  I have a difficult time explaining to my friends my different priorities now.  How about you?  Have things changed for you? Should they?

Lord, thank you for being with us and helping through every good or bad time in our lives.  Please help us always look towards you!

Foodie Friday
I had two new food experiences this week.  I tried Jets Pizza and ABC BBQ.  Both are near my house.

ABC BBQ
I had some beef brisket with the ABC homemade sauce and their potato skins during my recent visit.  Sadly, I wasn't very impressed with either of them.  The potato skins were greasy and tasteless.  The brisket looked like it was from an Aldi's box.  It was not very good.  The homemade sauce was not too bad, though not as good as most other sauces I have had.  I doubt that I will go back.

Jets Pizza
My roommate brought home a Jets Pizza last night.  It had a hand-tossed type of crust that was buttery and tasty.  The toppings of cheese, jalapenos and pepperoni were tasty.  The sauce was a little disappointing considering how good the crust was.  I would get it again since it is close to the house.  I still prefer Adriaticos or Pizza Rustica over any other pizza places I have eaten at in Columbus.

*******************
Excavating your heart will unearth the beautiful things God has planted in you. - R. Howerton

No comments:

Post a Comment