Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hope so

Our Daily Bread
There have been times in my life when things don't seem to go the way they are supposed to.  During those times, I am fortunate to have friends that encourage me to hang in there (or to let go as I say...).  Things will get better.  My lame response many times is "I hope so".  Is this really hope?

The devotional talks about true hope - the hope that only God can give.  The hope of our lives on earth with Him guiding us.  The hope of God fulfilling His promises to us.  The hope of the coming of Jesus.  The hope and anticipation of our heavenly home for eternity.  My response is not "I hope so".  It is "I KNOW so!"

God has been bringing to my consciousness how much I whine about things and how little faith I have the past few months.  After reading some of  my posts on this blog and on Facebook, you might say "Seriously? You seem very positive!".  Yes, I am positive I whine a lot have have little faith!  To give you an example of God reinforcing things with me, look at the tag line at the bottom of today's blog post.  I added that line BEFORE I read the devotional. God was saying to me "When will you put all your hope and trust in me?".  I WILL trust in the Lord.  I WILL wait patiently on Him!

How about you?

Lord, thank you for being the God of all hope and light.  Please help us trust in you!

Technology Thursday
There's an app for that
Have a smart phone or tablet?  Android or iOS?   It doesn't usually matter because most companies make their apps for both operating systems.  Here are a few of my favorite apps on my iPhone5.  You can check your app store to see if they are available for your device.  TIP: DON'T use secure applications such as banking applications in public wifi spots like Starbucks.  Danger, Will Robinson!  I don't usually play games on my phone, so I don't have those listed here.

Chase
I bank at Chase and really enjoy their banking app.  I can do a lot of things quickly like check balances, pay bills, and deposit a check (yes, by taking pictures of the front and back!).  Very cool app if you bank with Chase.  Several other banks have similar apps.

Yelp
I love this app when I am trying to find a store or service nearby.  I use it extensively when I travel.  I use it in Columbus if someone asks me "Where is the nearest Chinese restaurant?".  ha!  It is very handy!

Flixster
I am a movie-aholic.  I use the Flixster app to check theater listings and movie times.  I set up my four favorite theaters, which makes things even faster.  It also includes movie releases and DVD releases.  Very nice app.

Dictionary.com
The Dictionary.com app for finding word meanings is very nice.  I use it a lot when I am reading.  It is very easy to use and very accurate.

Piano
I have used this app many, many times to find a note or play my part on my phone or iPad.  It is quick and simple and easier than also carrying around a pitch pipe.  I recently used it to play my starting note when I cantored a psalm at a Holy Week service!

*******************************
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment