Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's just stuff

Our Daily Bread
I have had a lot of ups and downs in my life. While I am fortunate now to have my home with lots of cool stuff in it, I remember times when everything I owned fit into my old run down car!  I lived in a rented room, not an apartment, but a room.  I lived pay check to pay check.  I learned something important then -- It's just stuff...

After we learn that lesson, we can move on to the things that are really important: loving God and loving others.  I am not saying that Christians can't be successful and have stuff.  I am saying that those thing should never take higher priority in our lives that loving God and loving others! 

We can find our worth, not in what we have, but who we are in the Lord!

Lord, thank you for being our all.  Please help us cherish you more than "stuff".

Wellness Wednesday
6 Unexpected Ways to Make Someone's Day
IMHO, wellness is now always about me.  Here are six ways to make someone's day.  Here is the full article to read more.

Be thoughtful, simply because you can.

Say something good about something old.

Say who referred you.

Compliment for something you aren't expected to compliment.

Notice when someone tries something different.

Give someone credit they don't deserve--yet.

*******************************
I am far from perfect, but despite my mistakes and my sins, I will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon me - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment