Friday, May 17, 2013

Big guns

Our Daily Life
After having many physical restrictions for almost four years, I looked forward to going back to the gym and being active again.  It has been a long, slow process of getting back into shape.  I still have a long way to go, but I can do more now than I have in a long time! Like everything else in my life, I joke about my body now.  I teased one friend that I was concerned about flying now.  Pointing to my arms, I said "I don't think they will let me on the plane with these big guns!"  hahaha!

Well, there are arms that are WAY stronger than mine will ever be and they will never tire!  The figurative arms of God are there to catch us and hold us when we need it most.  He is also the source of our strength when we don't think we need him!  Praise God that his "big guns" will hold us up and give us strength to overcome!

Lord, thank you for being who you are, even though my puny brain can't comprehend your majesty and power.  Praise God!

Foodie Friday
I have been craving sugar a lot this week. Not a good thing!  I will post this recipe and promise NOT to make it!  I hope you enjoy it!

No Bake Reese’s Fudge Bars - Kayti
Ingredients
22 individual Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (regular size), unwrapped -16 for the bottom and 6 crumbled on the top

3 cups chocolate chips

1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk

Directions

Line a 9x9” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the peanut butter cups in an even layer on the bottom of the pan. (You should use 16 on the bottom)

Place chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir until chips and milk are melted together.

Once everything is melted together, spread evenly over peanut butter cups in prepared pan. Immediately sprinkle with the crumbled Reese's, pressing them lightly into the fudge. Cool until firm. I like to cool the fudge on the counter until it’s room temperature, then cover with plastic and place in the refrigerator to harden completely. Cut into squares and serve.

***************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his strong and loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment