Friday, May 24, 2013

Home where I belong

Our Daily Bread
Home where I belong is the best known Gospel song of BJ Thomas.  He was a pop singer that found Jesus when I was in college.  I enjoyed his move to contemporary Christian music, though short lived.  Home where I belong described the feelings expressed in devotional.

I know how I am.  I stay too busy to think about my heavenly home. Like the devotional mentioned, I need to loosen my grip on this world!  Being "in the world", but not "of the world" is not easy.  We all want to be successful, happy, respected and live a long life.  It is only human nature in our current society.

I am praying about "longing for Jesus' return".  Looking for his return any day.  Living my life like He is coming back today.  Wow!  What a different approach to life!  Like Paul, we can live and plan our lives responsibly, AND still long for his coming.  Praise God!

Lord, thank you for the promise of your return.  Please help us look and yearn for it!

Foodie Friday
I hosted a pot luck last night.  I filled in our menu with some special bargains from GFS.  Gordons Food Service is a commercial food store that is also open to the public.  I shop there occasionally.  I can usually find some good deals.  Here are three good deals that I warmed up last night.

GFS stuffed cabbage rolls - I know that many folks don't know what a stuffed cabbage roll is or may not like them if they do.  It is the only dish with cooked cabbage that I will eat!  The tray had 10 large stuffed cabbage rolls in a nice tomato sauce.  The filling was very tasty.  The cabbage tasted fresh.  Good deal!

GFS mesquite chicken breasts - These pre-cooked breasts come in a three (maybe four pound) bag.  The breasts are a reasonable size (not too big or too small).  The warm up nicely in the oven or the shelf of a grill ( like I did last night). They had a great taste and were very juicy.

Stouffers cheddar bacon potatoes - This dish was like a hash brown casserole.  The cheese and bacon tasted great.  The potatoes were tender, but not mush.

Check out the GFS specials at your local store.  I have had a great experience with them.

*********************************
If we’re gonna pray about it
There’s no use in worrying
If we’re gonna worry about it
Why are we praying
Just leave it in the hands of the Father
Leave it in the hands of the Healer
Leave it in the hands of Jesus
And walk away
Walk away   -- Brandon Heath & Thad Cockrell

No comments:

Post a Comment