Friday, May 31, 2013

Users love

Our Daily Bread
We have this recurring theme at work called "Users love" where the IT folks strive to give our users applications and hardware they love because they help them do their jobs better.  When I first learned about this theme, I said "But love is fickle!  How are we measuring this?"  Still waiting on an answer for that question!

Christians can be fickle as well.  It is only natural for human beings to be that way.  It is part of our nature.  As Christians, we strive to subdue our human nature through the grace and power of God!  The Holy Spirit strengthens us to live consistently Godly lives.

Consistency is my weakness.  I am pretty good under fire or under duress.  I totally believe in the power of God to deliver me or my friends and family.  It is the day to day discipline that I need help with!

Lord, thank you for loving us so we can be loving followers and lead others to you!

Foodie Friday
A friend posted this recipe on Facebook recently.  I did not see a web site reference for it.  It sounds yummy!

Cheesecake Crescent Rolls 

2 cans of Pillsbury Crescent rolls
2 (8oz each) package cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter, melted
cinnamon
sugar

Unroll and spread 1 of the cans of crescent rolls on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish (or 8 x 8 if you want to cut the recipe in half). Combine softened cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla. Spread over crescent roll layer. Unroll and layer remaining crescent rolls over cream cheese layer. Melt your butter and spread over top of crescent rolls. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and sugar.

Bake for 20-30 minutes in 350 degree oven until bubbly and slightly browned. Drizzle with a little honey if you like. Let cool a bit, slice and eat.

***************************
I am far from perfect, but despite my mistakes and my sins, I will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon me - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment