Saturday, June 1, 2013

Say it, Say it!

Our Daily Bread
Yes, I like movies.  Sometimes good movies.  Sometimes no so good movies.  The Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of the no so good movies that I really like.  I enjoy seeing it along with folks acting out the parts and the audience interacting with the movie.  My favorite line is "say it, say it!".  ha!

I feel like I need audience encouragement sometimes when I speaking out for God.  "Say it, Duane, Say it!" encouragement when I have the opportunity to share Christ just might get me over the hump!  ha!  As outgoing as I am (and some of you are too), we shouldn't need that kind of encouragement!  Just say it!

Lord, thank you for gifts of all kinds.  Please help all of us share the gift of Christ with your encouragement and guidance!

Simply Saturday
Relationships
I had some relationship challenges this past week.  I finally had to admit to myself that I am the problem.  I can overreact at times.  I can speak out when I should be quiet.  I can say things that can encourage the weak or break the strong.  In short, I can have some influence over people.  I am not sure why.

What I learned is that I have to be careful, even more careful than what I ever imagined before in my life.  I will think and pray about this more and more the next few months.  I will figure it out.  I will not let it change who I am, rather let it refine my personality to be more like Christ.

Once again, I share these things to encourage you to look inside yourself.  Allow God to show you ways to be more like him.  It is worth the journey!  Praise God!

*******************************
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. - 2 Thessalonians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment