Monday, June 3, 2013

Always pushing

Our Daily Bread
There is a silly version of the "Footprints" story where the pilgrim asked Jesus "I see the two sets of foot prints become one set.  That is where you were carrying me.  What are the other marks in the sand beside the footprints?"  Jesus said "That is where I was dragging you..."  ha!  Don't you feel that way sometimes?  Like God is just dragging you along with you kicking and screaming like a little kid in a toy store?  ha! 

I learned a new word today: goad.  I have heard it for  years, but misunderstood the word's pronunciation and meaning.  I thought folks were saying "goating".  DOH!  Goad can be a noun or a verb.  The noun means a pointy stick used for driving cattle.  The verb means to provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate some action or reaction.  Both definitions are from the Google Dictionary. 

Apparently, goading is my calling.  ha!  Friends see it on my Facebook page as I consistently encourage folks to "do something today!"  I can sometimes be more annoying than provocative, even to the point of causing relationship issues.  I ask God to help me do this in a more loving way, an encouraging and challenging way instead of annoying! 

Lord, thank you for being our loving leader.  We praise you for sometimes goading us to be more like you!

Movie Monday
I got to see two movies this week: Hangover 3 and Now you see me.

Hangover 3
If you liked the first two Hangover movies, you will probably be disappointed with this installment.  I felt it was slow and not very funny overall.  With that being said, there were a couple of scenes that I called "pee-your-pants" funny!  I don't think they were worth the price of admission even though I saw a cheap matinee!  I hope this is the last one.  I won't see any more of them...

I give this movie one bear paw for the few very funny scenes.  This would have been funnier if I had been watching it at home with lots of liquor in me.

Now you see me
I liked this movie a lot more than I thought I would!  It was cleverly written.  The ensemble cast worked quite well together.  I mainly sent to see it because Mark Ruffalo is in it!  Unfortunately, there weren't any shirtless scenes like in The Avengers.  Darn it!  I liked the twists and turns in the story line.  It was definitely worth watching!

I give this movie two bear paws.  Not a must see, but it was fun to watch.

********************************
You cannot say you've forgiven someone if in your heart you hope they are still suffering. Howerton

No comments:

Post a Comment