Monday, June 17, 2013

Safety gear

Our Daily Bread
I admit that I had to do the walk of shame at Universal Studios Islands of Adventures two years ago.  I wanted desperately to ride the new Harry Potter ride, but nooooooo!  Outside the ride is a replica of the seat and safety harness.  If you can't pull the harness down and snap it in place, you can't ride the ride.  Darn it!  I walked away disappointed and with a new goal -- lose enough weight to ride the ride!  I play to check that out in October!

Fortunately we do not have to worry about that with God.  Everyone "fits" in the safety harness of faith and grace if we choose!  We don't have to lose weight or get in shape, no "works" will open the doors, only grace and faith!  Give you life to him today!

Lord, thank you for our safety gear in this giant ride of a world.  Please help us use grace and faith to keep us safe and useful for your service!

Movie Monday
I saw the movie Man of Steel in IMAX 3D on Saturday.  All I can say is WOW!  I loved it!  It was a very well done movie.  The script was amazing.  The actors did a great job.  The special effects were awesome.  I loved it!  See it at the movies as soon as you can!  WARNING: This movie is darker than the other Superman movies.  It may not be appropriate for younger audience members.

I give this one four bear paws!  That is very rare!  See it at the theater.

***************************
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment